cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

@Jamielei24 wrote:

So is it my understanding that the shopping cart trick for a new TL is a SP? ... And how does this reflect CS with new TL opened and obtaining a mortgage in th next 3-6 months? 

When you put items in the cart and are Preapproved for their Comenity-backed card prior to actually checking out, it's a SP.

These 'shopping cart' cards show up as a new TL on your three CRs.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 151 of 701
soccrstar
New Contributor

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

it seems like 650 maybe the magic number for the shopping cart trick? My FICO score was 629 last month and couldn't get any to pop up. Score is now 658 and got Pop ups for brylane home (accepted), king size (declined - 500), one stop plus (declined - 500), HSN (accepted), blair (declined - 200), and express (accepted). couldn't get the pop up for anything else.

My mom with a 701 FICO gets popups for all the mastercard/visa options of cards (LUCKY). maybe 700+ required for non store cards? 

EQ: 632 FICO8 / EX: 622 FICO8 / TU: 648 FICO8 / EQ: 648 FICO9 / EX: 652 FICO9 / TU: 624 FICO9 / Credit Karma: 633 Transunion 622 Equifax / Credit Sesame 633 / Positive Open Loan Tradelines: Auto loan $42000 / NEWEST CARD - Don't Remember / goal by 2019: 650 or more FICO8 across the board
Message 152 of 701
redskins4444

I recieved visa/mastercard pop ups for score in the low 600's. I think they look at more then just your score to pre approve credit.

Message 153 of 701
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I created an account with True Value to see if I would get a pop-up, but no dice.   So I applied and instantly was approved for the Discover version with a $3k limit!  Sweet! My first discover card version in a very long time.   I have several other Comenity accounts, so they must like my payment history because they keep approving me!  

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 154 of 701

I have tried this "trick" and waited for pop-ups for the last hour, and I've had no luck. LOL. My scores range from 695-710 (as of yesterday). 

NFCU Cash Rewards - $7500; USAA Platinum - $2000; Barclays Rewards Mastercard - $1300; Walmart - $900; Capital One - $500; Target - $300; USAA Student Card - $300
Message 155 of 701
soccrstar
New Contributor

I finally got the coldwater creek mastercard to pop up. filled it out and got the 7-10 day notice. grrrrrrrrrrrr. mostlikely a denial. I called express and my limit is 500. can't get the visa/mastercard for anything else.

I didn't start getting the popups until I unfroze my equifax report for a week. those thats not getting it, try unfreezing your credit report if it is frozen.

EQ: 632 FICO8 / EX: 622 FICO8 / TU: 648 FICO8 / EQ: 648 FICO9 / EX: 652 FICO9 / TU: 624 FICO9 / Credit Karma: 633 Transunion 622 Equifax / Credit Sesame 633 / Positive Open Loan Tradelines: Auto loan $42000 / NEWEST CARD - Don't Remember / goal by 2019: 650 or more FICO8 across the board
Message 156 of 701
redskins4444

Make sure your cache is clear. Reset your browser and try again. Sportsman visa should pop up at checkout. Vitacost mc will pop up but you must go to end of checkout process.Received both cards sportsman visa 2000 &vitacoast mc 1500 both with credit scores below 620.Current fico score 625. Hope this helps.
Message 157 of 701
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

I've never tried this method of getting a card online. I've been approved instantly in stores at check out though. I've had nothing but trouble from Comenity Bank since they took over these accounts. I had all of my store cards issued by different banks that are now issued/owned by Comenity prior to Comenity taking over.  Comenity won't correct any errors, theirs or especially ones made by a previous bank owner. They changed the account open date on a couple of my cards, and also issued new account numbers.  They created multiple entries for the same account on my credit report but when I tried to get everything put back like it was originally they just deleted all the oldest account entries. Now I hear they just acquired Bill Me Later.  That must be why I just had a slight problem with them a couple of days ago.  My statement showed up with a message "you have a credit limit increase. Click link to see new limit"  It turned out to be the same limit I'd had for over 2 years. I wrote customer service and all I got was "sorry for the inconvenience but your account does not have an increase"  No other explanation.

Message 158 of 701
soccrstar
New Contributor

Just got off the phone with Coldwater Creek credit card department. There is no trace of an application for me listed. Ugh. Guess it was just a ghost pop-up or something. I'll try again in may

Message 159 of 701
JMills
Frequent Contributor

Far as the pop up, I think it varies. I have friends who were in the low range of 500 receiving popups, so I think it all depends what is on your overall file. No one really knows what triggers it. One thing I can say is it seems as if you may need to be well in the 600 range to receive pops for Visa/Mastercard offers. If you look on Creditboards.com and do a search under comenity cards, you will see they have folks that had a 514 score receiving a pop up, so it all depends. I think they look at more than the score.

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 160 of 701
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.