Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CC with no revolving history

tag
tnvols
New Contributor

NFCU CC with no revolving history

About 2 months from my Chp 13 discharge.  No collections, no liens.  Already a member of NFCU(new) and Achieva CU(long established history) in Florida.  All my past credit cards have aged off my reports now so wondering if anyone has gotten approved for unsecured NFCU cc with no other revolving accounts.  I do have a 10 month old $20k car loan thru Achieva with perfect payment history.  I know I can get a secured card, but wondering if there is a chance of getting unsecured once I'm discharged based on the car loan history.

Car payment is our only debt with $120k annual income.  DTI is 3% without housing, around 10% with housing.

Is it necessary to get another installment loan in addition to the car loan since I don't have student loans or a mortgage?  I was thinking 2 installment loans and 4 revolving would be a good mix to build on. 

MyFico Score 8 as of 9/11/17 reporting 633 Equifax/575 TU/615 Experian.   

Oct 2017 Scores MyFICO FICO 8

Equifax 633
TU 582 (Suck it TU)
Experian 615

July 2018 Scores MYFICO 8
Equifax 700
TU 674
Experian 689

November 2019 Scores(24 mos post CH13 discharge) MYFICO 8
Equifax 783
TU 799
Experian 794
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU CC with no revolving history

NFCU will love your profile. Not because of score but because of your DTI. You should be good to go with them. I've noticed folks with 600 scores get the best rates and limits with Navy. My GF had a 602 TU when she applied last year. She was approved instantly for $17.5k with the best rate they offer. Good luck!

Message 2 of 10
tnvols
New Contributor

Did she have established revolving tradelines when she applied?

Equifax 633
TU 582 (Suck it TU)
Experian 615

Equifax 700
TU 674
Experian 689

Equifax 783
TU 799
Experian 794
Message 3 of 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@tnvols wrote:

Did she have established revolving tradelines when she applied?

She had one secure card in her name with a late payment, multiple medical bills, several collections and a shared secured loan that was maybe 2 months old. Other than that all of her accounts were AU under me.
She recieved a higher limit and better rate than I did. And my CRs had no blemishes at all with credit scores over 150 points higher. lol

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you $25K right off the rip!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not the data point you are specifically asking about but will share anyway.

My BK13 was DC in March this year. I've opened Cap One, Discover, Penfed, Total Rewards, Sportsmans guide & Overstock since DC with several other declines. NFCU was my most recent attempted acquisition...which resulted in a denial and offer for secured card. My income is high, I report only $160 out of $200k on Apps, with about 13% Util when I appd.

Denial letter stated Bankruptcy as the sole reason. Not sure if I would have had a different outcome with less new trade lines or less inquiries...because of the reason they listed. My TU report will be clean as of Jan as long as my EE request goes well, I'll try again then.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU was my 4th revolver after I started my BK rebuild. At the time, I only had 3 months of revolving credit reporting, (two 1k and one 7.5K).

I was approved for 10K. I'm a firm believer that high limits begats high limits and that's what happened to me. 

Message 6 of 10
tnvols
New Contributor

Did the secured card result in a 2nd HP?  That is my main concern if I get denied for the unsecured.

Equifax 633
TU 582 (Suck it TU)
Experian 615

Equifax 700
TU 674
Experian 689

Equifax 783
TU 799
Experian 794
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im a firm believer that high income and low dti begets Navy love to the 3rd degree lolSmiley Wink You have a car loan and assume a mortgage so your fine on the loans mix. Best of luck if you applySmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tnvols- I didn't take the secured option. Going to wait until I have a clean TU file in a couple months
Message 9 of 10
tnvols
New Contributor

I actually don't have a mortgage, our only active TL right now is a 11 month old $20k car loan. 

Equifax 633
TU 582 (Suck it TU)
Experian 615

Equifax 700
TU 674
Experian 689

Equifax 783
TU 799
Experian 794
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.