Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI Question

tag
haveus33nm3
Contributor

NFCU CLI Question

If when submitting request for CLI, you receive the 3-5 day review message, will they be doing a hard pull? If so, is there some way I can cancel?

I've been paying down utilization across all cards and have also requested cli's to help reduce util, so decided to see if I could double my cl to $1k. I received the 3-5 day msg, which probably means it's a no go but I really do not want a hard pull. I plan on trying to refi my high interest auto loan in a few months. 

EQ 616 TU 638 EX 642 - MyFICO 4/2015

previously: EQ 578 TU 613 EX 614 - MyFICO 2/2015
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI Question

Unfortunately, everything with NFCU is a HP.

That's not to say that the 3-5 day is a denial, but expect a HP. 

As it has been mentioned before NFCU is one of the most HP crazy places around.

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

for best chances of a sp cli with navy you need to request AFTER they have done an AR on your account and the next one will be March 31, so you would want to request CLI sometimes after April 1 for best chances.... but they are AR EQ and you need to get your score into the 600's before I would be requesting.

Message 3 of 8
haveus33nm3
Contributor

Okay thanks for the info. I had asked in the forums last week and was told it would be sp but I guess I misunderstood the response. EQ has always been my lowest, but it should be above 600 within the next month or two. I've paid down util from 90ish to in the 40s over all lines and have a couple more cards I'll be paying off to bring things down to less than 30% in the next week. As for the hp...live and learn. I already have a bunch from car shopping last month.

Message 4 of 8
haveus33nm3
Contributor

I sent navy a secure message and they canceled my cli request. Hopefully this will prevent hp.

Message 5 of 8
haveus33nm3
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

for best chances of a sp cli with navy you need to request AFTER they have done an AR on your account and the next one will be March 31, so you would want to request CLI sometimes after April 1 for best chances.... but they are AR EQ and you need to get your score into the 600's before I would be requesting.

Hey CA, I just got another big point boost from paying down util on cards. I plan on paying a couple more off next week and it should put me above 600 with EQ. Do you think I'll stand a chance with end of march AR above the 600 mark or do I need to be higher?

Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@haveus33nm3 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Hey CA, I just got another big point boost from paying down util on cards. I plan on paying a couple more off next week and it should put me above 600 with EQ. Do you think I'll stand a chance with end of march AR above the 600 mark or do I need to be higher?

that will also put your card over 4 months old at that time right? I think you stand a chance for some luv then.

Message 7 of 8
haveus33nm3
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@haveus33nm3 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

that will also put your card over 4 months old at that time right? I think you stand a chance for some luv then.

Actually, I have had it since May 2014. I haven't made it over the 6's with EQ yet since I've had it. Thanks for the info and the superfast response!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.