Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards help/thoughts

tag
USF813
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Cash Rewards help/thoughts

Most of you who know me know i'm quite matter of fact, extremely logical, and don't put up with any nilly willy thoughts or people who display eratic emotional behaviors.

That said - I need some thoughts and guidance. I'm considering one of two options. 1. PC my GoRewards to Cash Rewards or 2. App for Cash Rewards and take a hard pull. The only reason I currently have GO is because I travel overseas A LOT and the no forex is a big deal.  I have the Chase IHG which also has no forex so that's covered either way. Appearance wise, I think Cash Rewards is one of the ugliest cards i've ever seen (my mother has it) - unless they've redesigned the new EMV cards of which i'm part of the beta test group. Online shopping has become quite an obsession of mine, and I buy everything I can (even toilet paper) via the member mall, making it very easy to beat 1.5% and 1pt/$1.

So, should I PC or app?  For the record, i'm not interested in any other banks cards, so please don't bother pushing Quicksilver or anyone else - let's keep it strictly about what i've asked. Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards help/thoughts

Go app for CashRewards.....it's worth it 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 11
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

I'd say if you can get the current bonus offer ($200 bonus after $3,000 spend in 90 days) with a PC, then PC it. To save the hard pull.

If not, apply for it.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 3 of 11
USF813
Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't come close to meeting the spend requirement.

Message 4 of 11
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I'd app for it to make sure you get the new card bonus. Product changes usually don't qualify.  I wouldn't worry about the hard pull. Spray paint the card black if you don't like the looks of it.  You can also get one of those bedazzlers and add some rhinestones and glitter.

Message 5 of 11
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@USF813 wrote:

I wouldn't come close to meeting the spend requirement.

If that's the case, I guess it comes down to do you want to save the hard pull or get another card + more credit from NavyFed.

Message 6 of 11
USF813
Frequent Contributor

I decided to PC to cashrewards. I can use IHG overseas to avoid the FTF. I might try to PC US Airways to no fee arrival in May giving me two no FTF cards.
Message 7 of 11
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@USF813 wrote:
I decided to PC to cashrewards. I can use IHG overseas to avoid the FTF. I might try to PC US Airways to no fee arrival in May giving me two no FTF cards.

Good choice, save the hard pull.

In related news, IHG just added the Kimpton hotel brand to its lineup, making the card that much better to have.

Message 8 of 11
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Called to PC a couple days ago. Process was painless as always with NFCU. The PC came with a pleasant surprise, a 1.3% drop on the interest rate.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same today...was so easy and the decrease in interest rate is great!! They are Fedex'ing the card to me...NFCU is so great! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.