Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU GO Rewards Denial Confusion

tag
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

NFCU GO Rewards Denial Confusion

My NFCU GoRewards is currently at an $18,000 limit with a zero balance. I applied for a CLI to $25,000 about a week ago and just got the letter in the mail on why it was denied. It says, "this decision was based on the following reason(s).

091 Request exceeds maximum unsecured loan limit."

Did they recently make a change in their maximums? My NFCU Cash Rewards is at $25,000.

Or could they be talking about my overall loan limits with them? I would think it would be close to their overall imits. I have the GoRewards at $18,000, the CashRewards at $25,000, $15,000 LOC and about a $600 balance on a personal loan with them.

Anybody gotten this type of denial before?

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU GO Rewards Denial Confusion

@FIRECOURAGE wrote:

My NFCU GoRewards is currently at an $18,000 limit with a zero balance. I applied for a CLI to $25,000 about a week ago and just got the letter in the mail on why it was denied. It says, "this decision was based on the following reason(s).

Did they recently make a change in their maximums? My NFCU Cash Rewards is at $25,000.

Or could they be talking about my overall loan limits with them? I would think it would be close to their overall imits. I have the GoRewards at $18,000, the CashRewards at $25,000, $15,000 LOC and about a $600 balance on a personal loan with them.

Sounds like you may be maxed with them based on your profile. For now anyways.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with donny. Sorry, OP.
Message 3 of 9
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FIRECOURAGE wrote:

So the maximums vary based on your individual profile. So if I get a nice raise at work that changes my profile right?

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FIRECOURAGE wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FIRECOURAGE wrote:

So the maximums vary based on your individual profile. So if I get a nice raise at work that changes my profile right?

Higher income and lower utilization can/will change your internal profile with any lender.

For score purposes your utilization should be under 10%. Even though your only at 12%, 26k looks big from a lenders prospective.

A clean file as well.

Message 5 of 9
creditguy
Valued Contributor

You've met you maximum exposure limit with Navy for now. Everyone has one and this how you find out what it is.
Message 6 of 9
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

i recently applied for their platinum visa and recieved the same denial reason. I have the 15k cloc and a cash rewards card at 19.5k

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect the maximum exposure is less related to income and more to factors within your credit profile.  I have seen folks that make 60k that get CLOC 15k and 2 CC at 25k each where folks making 2 or 3 times that we lesser credit don't get that level of limits.  

Message 8 of 9
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FIRECOURAGE wrote:

I got the same letter in the mail today with the same reason.

My GoRewards was at 18,000. They declined my cli request to 25,000.

However they did increase my limit to 19,000.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.