Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU HELP!!!! APPLY FOR NEW CARD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU HELP!!!! APPLY FOR NEW CARD?

ok so i originally started out with the secured go rewards card with NFCU. statements date back till 1/2016. it unsecured after a year to $2000.00. i have not been able to get it to budge from there since. i use it and pay it alot. i also applid for the cash rewards card, statements dated back to 5/2016 starting limit 1000.00. cant get this one to budge either. should i turn around and apply for another card with NFCU? im reading that is the better thing to do. my score per NFCU website is 648, back in 5/2017 it was showing 592. Ima bout 40% utilization i have  about 5k on a cap one card that i would like to balance transfer but as you can see, i dont have enough credit to do so. both cards are currently @ zero, so i have 3k of available credit on these cards. should i combine the cards limits? Should i apply for another card all together? any and all thoughts are welcomed.

7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU HELP!!!! APPLY FOR NEW CARD?

So both your cards are over a year old and wont budge?. You might try again for a cli on one and if no go just app a third card, you never knowSmiley Wink im in same boat, would prefer to bt everything over but i dont want super high utiSmiley Wink. Cli are nice but not all of us qualify for those 25k limitsSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

figured it would prob be better to waste the hard pull on a new card....

Message 3 of 8
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Navy can be strange with that. I would say go for another card.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, so should i combine the cards i have now? or apply for card first? or combine and apply again for the card i just closed (when i do the combination)

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

AFAIK, and based on recent data points, account/CL combos are not as available as in the past. Case by case basis and UW will determine whether you qualify.

Choose wisely.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I call to find that out first?
Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You can call them or send them a secured message. It's doubtful, though, that they'd be able to combine them.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.