Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT QUESTIONS

tag
GFer
Valued Contributor

NFCU MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT QUESTIONS

My father was in the AF but has passed. They asked all kinds of questions like his ss and his status. I have no clue, as I was really young.  Will I be approved IF i can find this info out?  And if so, does anyone have a clue as to how to find this info?

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT QUESTIONS

You would need to request his DD214. But, I will tell you that he would have had to retire from the military in order for you to be eligible not just serve.
Message 2 of 6
12njoy
Super Contributor

Agree with previous poster on the retirement.   You may be able to contact your local veterans affairs office for records.  Does your dad have a surviving spouse who may be able to assist in gathering documents? 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted in with NFCU soooo bad and asked my father (army) to help using his credentials but he refused so I used my recently deceased grandfathers ssn and was immediately approved for membership and also a cashRewards visa. Wasnt nearly as hard as I thought it would be

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vetrens are not eligible.  I did try on my grandfather.  However, if he did retire from the service you are eligible.  You can try to find his SS# from ancestry.  Once a person passes, their information is usually online.   I'm not positive if I had the free ancestry or the paid account when I first pulled his SS#.... but, maybe it'll help.  Good Luck!!

Message 5 of 6
GFer
Valued Contributor

Ah, darn! I guess I'm not eligible. I have other family members that are, but we aren't close, so that won't happen.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.