Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Membership...Now What?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU - Membership...Now What?

Today I finally became part of the Navy Family.  Do I apply immediately for credit card or wait for some time to pass, if so, how much time?  I am very interested in the Go Rewards card.  What bureau is pulled from NFCU in NJ for credit card and what score is needed?  Also, I have allot of inquires (approx. 12), are they inquiry sensitive.  In the last year opened several new accounts (approx. 6), is NFCU new account sensitive?  What are my approval odds?

FICO8

EQ 703

TU 724

EX 720

Update: DP

NFCU – 6 months of history (11-22-2018 to 5-22-2018)

11/22/2017 – Approved for Membership 1 HP-EQ and Go Rewards cc $4200 sl…1 HP-TU

1/4/2018 – GoRewards credit score – EQ9 709 … TU9 720

2/2/2018 – Approved for CLOC $5000, asked for $15,000…HP-EQ

2/10/2018 – Received letter (after app for CLOC)  NFCU credit score is 681 (range 334-818)

Source:  Equifax Information Services

2/24/2018 - GoRewards CLI (93/3)(request $25000) – Approved $7000 (tl sl $11,200)…HP-EQ (F9-709)

3/4/2018 (AR was done on this date) – 2nd cc CashRewards instant approval $20,000…HP-TU9 - 726 (EQ Fico9 - 711)

5/7/2018 – Preapproval Auto Laon – Approved $10,000…HP EQ

5/7/2018 – CLOC cli – requested $15,000 – DENIED … Too soon, shy one week.  NO HP

Also, the letter stated too many accounts opened in the last 12 months.

5/8/2018 – CX’d the preapproved Auto Loan – After speaking with rep. I can only use preapproved auto loans for dealership purchases only.  I am buying used vehicle from private party (my brother). Have not applied for the auto loan yet, when I am ready to start paying a car loan than I will apply, very soon.

Question: When can I again request CLOC cli? Now or since denied, another 91 or 181 days from denial date?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU - Membership...Now What?

Congrats on becoming a member . If you read up on the Navy thread in applications most of your questions will be answered. You csn app a cc immediatrly, they dont seem to be inq sensitive and some good keys to getting good limits are good income and low dti. Other factors as well but youll find out when applying. Your scores look good but with Navy thatd not always important . Many people with sub 650's get huge limits so all depends on your profile. Best of luckSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

I don't see what harm it would do to apply immediately. I applied immediately when I joined, and was approved for CC and auto refi, but denied for CLOC. Income and DTI were an issue for me.

Daughter joined last week, applied immediately for new car auto loan and was instantly approved.

We're in the South. Pulled TU for me in Jan for membership, CC, refi, and CLOC (3 TU pulls). Pulled EQ for daughter this month for membership and auto loan (1 EQ pull).

Best wishes to you!

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied in July within 15 minutes of membership approval. Was approved for Cash Rewards with a $2,100 sl.

They pull TU for membership and new cards and EQ for cli and CLOC and other products (car loan etc.).

TU was 604 when approved!

Just apped 2nd card at the beginning of the month. TU pulled had 645 score and approved for $15K!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello..I’m new here; just actually got the MJC $5000 Credit line ..and I’m a navy Vet ..so had NFCU for about 20 years now lol....so did u get approved last year for 14K CC From NFCU? With 640 TU? Wow ...I’m at a 612 ....just curious; cus I’ll Def re-apply with them once my score goes up...thanks!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't heard of NFCU being new account sensitive. Judging by your scores they should grant you a decent SL. However if you want.. wait about 6 months, then app... they will prob give you the keys to the city haha.

I opened my nfcu account in January, got the Nrewards. Score was around 550ish. I pay in full or 90% of the balance every month....

Well I just apped for the Cash Rewards and they hooked me up with a 10k SL. Couldn't believe it. Treat Navy good and they'll be more than great to you.

Good Luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.