Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership ??????

tag
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

NFCU Membership ??????

So I went online to apply for membership with NFCU and at the end after entering everything, going thru the ID questions, and providing funding info, the system gives me a message saying the application is being reviewed.  What the heck?  Has anyone had this experience.  What would cause this?  I was joining as my brother is a member and I entered his information for qualification. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Membership ??????

IMO it is standard for a CU to verify eligibility they just want to make sure you are who you say you are.

Message 2 of 11
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

IMO it is standard for a CU to verify eligibility they just want to make sure you are who you say you are.

+1 yea, that's standard procedure. gotta be patient sometimes

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 3 of 11
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

Frustrating.  I called ysterday and membership was closed due to the weather.  I called this morning and they told me they needed a copy of driver license and social security card.  I faxed that to them and then called two hours later hoping to get this done.  Then they told me that they were still processing and it would be monday.  Why does it take so long? 

Message 4 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Sooners2013 wrote:

Frustrating.  I called ysterday and membership was closed due to the weather.  I called this morning and they told me they needed a copy of driver license and social security card.  I faxed that to them and then called two hours later hoping to get this done.  Then they told me that they were still processing and it would be monday.  Why does it take so long? 

If they were closed a day due to weather, I'm sure there is a backlog. Good luck to you. 

Message 5 of 11
Supermama75
Valued Member

Hmmmmm.    From reading the NFCU posts on this board, they really seem to vary regarding membership, acceptance, verification, etc.  I signed up about 2 weeks ago online and it gave me that same "membership under review" screen, but I waited about an hour and then used the "find my access number" button on the login screen and it popped right up with a new member access number for me which allowed me to login, create account, etc.  You might want to try that to see if the system has your info yet.  Good luck.  NFCU seems to be great so far.  It is by far the best credit union I've ever been a member of.  Let us know what happens.

Message 6 of 11
mamaoftwins
New Contributor

Husband applied two nights ago and got the same message. We called today and they approved the application right away (I was his sponser), I don't know what the hold up was but it was no issue whatsoever. Don't worry, just give them a call again on Monday!!! Then apply for a cc and Navcheck, 15k Smiley Wink

2/12/2014: EQ: 700, EX: 716, TU: 722

NFCU CashRewards $25k | NFCU Navcheck $15k | Home Depot $15k | CSP $12k | Freedom $9k | Sallie Mae $4.5k | Amex BCE $2k | 1FBUSA $1.8k |

Gardening until 2016-2017
Message 7 of 11
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@Supermama75 wrote:

NFCU seems to be great so far.  It is by far the best credit union I've ever been a member of.  

It's a good thing there are credit unions out there like BECU... you know, for guys like me who aren't eligible for a NFCU membership.  I hear all the great things about NFCU and their CC's... and BECU did the same for me.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

I wish i can get in w/ NCFU.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 9 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

I wish i can get in w/ NCFU.

Sorry about that!! I wish everyone could! They are the bomb.com!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.