Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Platinum

tag
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

NFCU Platinum

I went into my portal to try for the platinum to move a 4k balance of my Venture card and submitted and said it was declined- go into portal this morning and says the application is "pending in review" which I think is still a no.  I have a 26k Rewards with a 8.5k balance (paying it off with tax return) and a 11k CLOC with $0 balance.  2 months ago I tried for an APR reduction and was shot down- I don't think I'm at Navy's limit for credit-showing 125k/yr income.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Platinum

Sorry for the denial. Have you tried calling and asking for a recon? Navy is fantastic to work with. Even though your income is very high, we might not be able to assume we arent at our limit based on income. Call and explain your situation. Perhaps since you have history with them they'll hear you out and reconsiderSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

wrote:
Sorry for the denial. Have you tried calling and asking for a recon? Navy is fantastic to work with. Even though your income is very high, we might not be able to assume we arent at our limit based on income. Call and explain your situation. Perhaps since you have history with them they'll hear you out and reconsiderSmiley Happy

It's weird how the OP worded that. Did he apply for a Platinum and got a pending review message but still submitted a BT?

Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I think Op submitted an app, putting 4k as a bt , but got declined. Now seeing the app as pending review.
Message 4 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

wrote:
I think Op submitted an app, putting 4k as a bt , but got declined. Now seeing the app as pending review.

Then I think he still has a chance if the app is under review. Weird how they would decline it without the app result.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I gather from his statement is (as stated above) OP applied for platinum and included a BT with the app. App was denied as well as the BT(obviously). OP went online later and noticed the app was in review rather than declined .I think they are doing a recon(without him having to ask for it) and he has a good chance of approval. 

Message 6 of 8
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

wrote:

I went into my portal to try for the platinum to move a 4k balance of my Venture card and submitted and said it was declined- go into portal this morning and says the application is "pending in review" which I think is still a no.  I have a 26k Rewards with a 8.5k balance (paying it off with tax return) and a 11k CLOC with $0 balance.  2 months ago I tried for an APR reduction and was shot down- I don't think I'm at Navy's limit for credit-showing 125k/yr income.

If you don't get approved you can still move that $4 k from Cap One to your existing Rewards card at 0% for 12 months.

Message 7 of 8
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

I applied for Platinum via my phone app but I didn't put info in for the BT (figured I could always do it later once I got the card) and once I hit submit it took like 45 secs then said app was declined.  You go to the credit card application status and it's pending review.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.