Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Question

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

NFCU Question

I've had my NFCU checking and goRewards accounts for 6-7 months. Just received a $5K to $20K CLI on my goRewards last month. Now I am thinking of applying for a second card so I can keep business travel separate from personal. Any suggestions for their best overall card? My guess would be the Flagship, but would love to hear opinions. Also, does the Flagship have the highest CL cap? 

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Question

Flagship tops out at 80k 

Message 2 of 8
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

I've had my NFCU checking and goRewards accounts for 6-7 months. Just received a $5K to $20K CLI on my goRewards last month. Now I am thinking of applying for a second card so I can keep business travel separate from personal. Any suggestions for their best overall card? My guess would be the Flagship, but would love to hear opinions. Also, does the Flagship have the highest CL cap? 

I might be wrong but I think there is a 'suggestion' when it comes to applying for a 2nd card with NFCU within a certain period because it will be denied or under review. Maybe CA will chime in he is the expert on these situations. But NFCU is awesome so who know's i've been waiting to apply for my next card just gardening a bit before so I don't take the hard pull for nothing. 

By the way if you apply for the Flagship there is a current Promo is you apply for it, and spend 3k in 90 days you get 40,000 points Smiley Happy. Good Luck !

Message 3 of 8
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

the Flagship gives the highest CL and comes with a 49 dollar annual fee. you are within time frame of a second card IF your CR and income support it. if not, you can apply for a Flagship and ask them to spilt the CL of the GoRewards and you can then have 2 cards with 10k each then start requesting CLI of 25k at 90 days 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 4 of 8
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Flagship has the best rewards something like 2% if you travel alot that is your best choice to go for. Good luck!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would do Flagship if your goal is travel.

Good chance you will be declined, send secure message online if you are asking them to move $10-$15k from your current card to open the Flagship card.

Some new information that a few of us have had recent success with that we can't confirm completely yet because we need more people doing it but once you have both accounts open and you use the CL from your first card to open the 2nd card then go back in and ask for CLI on your first card again and it will counter back at the CL you had before the move!!

Message 6 of 8
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Hey, thanks eceryone. Sounds like Flagship is the way to go. Does anyone know the time frame or history NFCU wants to see for a second card? I opened my membership and goRewards card in April 2014. Accordingly, November will be my 7th statement. I can wait if I need to as I want my approval odds to be optimized.

Thanks ahead of time. Much appreciated! Smiley Happy 

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
REALISTICLYSPEAKING2014
New Contributor

I can confirm it worked for meSmiley Happy

Hit the love button from original CL $3000.00 (opened account in June 2014) to $10,000.00 and then again the next day (yes reading too many of CA posts) got another increase to $15,000.00. Was also declined for the Cash Rewards, but sent secure message asking to move 2500.00 over from my Platinum to the new account.

LOVE NFCU!!!

I think I will wait to hit the luv bitton again for a few months..."trying to garden"..LO

I say go for it OP! NFCU rocks and is extremely member friendly!

They have been amazing to me and I will be a member for life!

Myfico scores 1.9.15 EQ 657 EX 688 TU 700
NFCU Plat Visa 15,000 | NFCU Cash rewards 15,000 | Lowes 7500 | Fingerhut 1100 | Amazon Store Card 1,500 | Discover IT 1300 | CAP 1 Qsilver 1300 | JC Pennys 1500 | Dressbarn 1100 | Walmart 2500 | Kays Jewelers 500} Mattress One 4500 \ Ashley Furniture 1500 \ American Home Furnishing 2000
Loans:
NFCU Auto 30,000 | NFCU Nav check 15,000 | NFCU Debt Cons 4100 |

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.