Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Sign up Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Sign up Question

I was able to sign up through my Dad who was in the military and we were living together 8 months ago.

Since then my fiancée and I have purchased a home together. I want her to join NFCU in the near future (probably the next time they have a referral bonus promo going on) but I don't know if she's eligible. I'm currently a member and she lives with me I think I saw that as a way in but I'm not 100% can anyone give me some guidance on this?

Thank you!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Sign up Question

I know about Navy League, but I believe there's a simpler way since I'm already a member...
Message 3 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That will work for sure , any house hold members , that's how I got my fiancé in and he has no other ties to military besides me being a member and I was sponsored by my sis and brother in law who were former navy . Be prepared to have all docs correct with address matching and all that thought
Message 4 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Like we had to prove we lived at the same residence so just be prepared if you haven't taken care of all your DL changes and stuff do that first
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well she has plenty of bank statements, mortgage paperwork, utilities all with her name and the same address as mine so I'd assume that's good. I'm just waiting for the next referral promo to refer her Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info Aduke!
Message 6 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

She should be good , we have a hard time with my fiancé getting Id verified, they froze his accounts for 3 weeks and we sent and resent all the docs and they kept either saying they couldn't read them or never got them bf they outright said the docs we sent would not work I.e DL , SS card , rental lease , insurance and bank statement. Anyways we had to end up driving over an hour one way to the branch and get him verified , the branch manager was awesome and actually called and told the security dept off . I mean we had a file full of docs and they were being so ugly but it turned out fine once we went to the branch . The whole problem was we hadn't yet changed over our DL from when we moved , that's why I said for you guys to have it all up to date
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately the closest branch is 350 miles from me I just looked Smiley Sad so hopefully everything goes easier.
Message 8 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I hope so too , I'm sure it will . We should have waited for my membership to become a little older but I signed us up on the same day or within a day or two apart bc a Rep told me it was perfectly fine to do so 😧
Message 9 of 10
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Matt4200-- I live 18 miles form a branch, but i had NO issue joining, etc

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.