Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Visa Platinum CLI

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

NFCU Visa Platinum CLI

Received 2nd statement and decided to ask for a CLI.  I was just denied a CLI two weeks ago.  I put my bureaus on ice so no HP.  Asked to go from $2,500 to $10,000.  Instantly approved with SP.  Not bad considering I started with the Flagship in April 2014 with 15k.  My Flagship is now at 25k, Visa Platinum at 10k, LOC at 15k.  That's 50k in 5 months.  Next month is my 6th month on the Flagship.  I'll see if I can get that up to 35k.  The Boards have been exceptional and a special shout out to CreditAddict.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Visa Platinum CLI

Thanks BarryNTexas

___________ 12Njoy
Message 2 of 31
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

dont even get me started with them.  i cant stand them.  there is something in their system that is out to get me lol.  congrats on your sucess with them

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 31
12njoy
Super Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

dont even get me started with them.  i cant stand them.  there is something in their system that is out to get me lol.  congrats on your sucess with them

I agree with you.  My brother got a Flagship the same time I did and they won't give him an increase at all.  He has done everything I've told him to do like charge/pay in full.  His score is about the same as mine 703.  Can't figure it out myself.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 4 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Received 2nd statement and decided to ask for a CLI.  I was just denied a CLI two weeks ago.  I put my bureaus on ice so no HP.  Asked to go from $2,500 to $10,000.  Instantly approved with SP.  Not bad considering I started with the Flagship in April 2014 with 15k.  My Flagship is now at 25k, Visa Platinum at 10k, LOC at 15k.  That's 50k in 5 months.  Next month is my 6th month on the Flagship.  I'll see if I can get that up to 35k.  The Boards have been exceptional and a special shout out to CreditAddict.

sounds like you should go back right now and ask for $25k since the $10k went through with no counter.

besides the $25 to $35k will require HP and manual review vs. this plat. can probably get sp until you hit the $25k

Message 5 of 31
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

sounds like you should go back right now and ask for $25k since the $10k went through with no counter.

besides the $25 to $35k will require HP and manual review vs. this plat. can probably get sp until you hit the $25k

I'm scared.  I know you're the guru on NFCU.  Will this be a SP or will this require a manual review.  They seem to have timeframes established in between cli's.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

I'm scared.  I know you're the guru on NFCU.  Will this be a SP or will this require a manual review.  They seem to have timeframes established in between cli's.

1. since the first was instant, unless $10k happens to be the limit in the computer, you have more to go back and ask for.... that's why you ask for $25k.

2. you just said your report was on ice... who cares if they want manual review... tell them cancel request if that happens.

3. clear cookies, and browsing history before you go back in for 2nd time.

Message 7 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats 12njoy!!

CA is right, go back for more.

Message 8 of 31
12njoy
Super Contributor

Ok here goes.  I'll be right back

___________ 12Njoy
Message 9 of 31
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

go ahead make me mad go get your success!

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.