Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - possible with baddies?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU - possible with baddies?

Ok, so I easily qualify for NFCU through my parents and various other family members too.  However, want to wait for being certain of approvals on joining.....

How is NFCU with baddies still lurking?  Couple OLD CO/CAs dropping this year.....Tax lien coming off once processed in court....

I have been holding off but, if they are good at overlooking stuff falling off soon would love to start now with them.....

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jbsea
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU - possible with baddies?

My guess is that you would be approved for the cc and loc if your scores are still the same as they are on your sig line.  Mine were much lower and I had a few baddies when I joined and received the cash rewards and line of credit.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 2 of 8
cem13
Established Contributor

NFCU is AWESOME for rebuilders.  I was 3 years post BK7 and I received $25K CC, 2% auto loan and $15K LOC.  

So, yea, I would say they are "baddie" friendly.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

my scores were in 640 range and i got csh rewrds card with a 3000 cl.  several old co's, tax liens , and a judgement.   so i think you'll be good to go

Message 4 of 8
jkt1975
Contributor

with the scores in your sig...you shouldnt have an issue...they gave me 10k with a 640 fico and 3 old baddies

NFCU Flagship-18k, PenFed Amex-5k, FNBO Visa-5k, Hyatt Visa-5k, Mileage Plus Club-5k, Barclay Rewards-3k, Regions Visa-5k, Lowes 6k, CreditOne 1150, VS-1100, WalMart-5k, QS1-1300, Cabellas 1k
Starting Scores 2/14 - TU 506 EX 447 EQ 459
Current Fico Scores - 12/3/15 - EX 653, TU 689, EQ 667 in the garden til 6/16/2016
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very possible.  Give it a shot..

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes absolutely possible. I joined them on 6/30. Score from Equifax site had me at 655 and a Fico of 696. Income at time of my app was low 60's but just had a 25% raise at work so almost wished I had waited a couple more weeks. A couple baddies still showing though old at this point. Cap1 judgement from 2009, CO on a Ford auto loan of 9K still showing and a utility CO of $356. They pulled TU for membership and EQ for CC and NAVLOC. Approved me for 14K on Cash Rewards instant approval and 10K NAVLOC also instant approval (I should have asked for 15K). Also tried for a second card a MC and initially denied. Reconned with them explaining that I wanted a MC to run household stuff through at Sam's and asked if they could lower the SL on the first card to open the second. They left the SL alone on the Cash Rewards and approved the MC with a 2K limit of it's own. So 26K in CL's from them upon joining. Go for it. If your in the same kind of shape as me you might be very surprised by what they will offer. Ten years ago when my scores where in the 700's I never pulled a 14K CL on a card. Will be watching to see how it turns out for you. 

Message 7 of 8
js0319
Established Contributor

I agree that NFCU is great for rebuilding. I had scores in the 640's, and I was approved for nRewards for $8k, and $15k for CLOC.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.