Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed w/out military affiliation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed w/out military affiliation?

Hello all -
My apologies if this has been answered already, but can you apply to Navy Fed without having any military affiliation? Used to be, you could apply to the San Diego Navy League and get in that way. My understanding was that earlier this year that method was discontinued? I have been gardening for a while, and am wondering whether going for a Navy Fed credit card would be a good idea. All 3 scores between 710-720, have Amex Everyday CL $6k, Cap 1 MC CL $4k, Discover CL $10k. I was hoping to add another card, but just not sure what, and thought Navy would be a decent one. Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Fed w/out military affiliation?

Unless you have a household member, or a very close relative that has military affiliation, there is currently no known way to join.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply - I appreciate it.
Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Unlike Penfed where you dont need affilition to join or apply credit cards, with Navy you have to be a member to apply for credit cards.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined last week my only affiliation was my father was in the army back in the 40s I told him that and I was also they did nothing to verify anything with regards to affiliation.
So glad I did they are very easy to deal with and very generous when I comes to giving credit.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I told them I grew up watching G.I. Joe after school but they didn't go for it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.