Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Card Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Credit Card Denial

Hello Everyone,

I'm starting to rebulid my credit and currently I have a secured card from Wells Fargo and US bank. Both of these cards are within the last 2-3 months. I'm a member of Navy and applied for their unsecured cash rewards card and was denied. Does anyone have any suggestions re: appeal process,  Navy approval process, etc.

Thanks

Chris

EQ 621, Tran, 612, & Exp 644 per myfico 2/10/15.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Card Denial

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm starting to rebulid my credit and currently I have a secured card from Wells Fargo and US bank. Both of these cards are within the last 2-3 months. I'm a member of Navy and applied for their unsecured cash rewards card and was denied. Does anyone have any suggestions re: appeal process,  Navy approval process, etc.

Thanks

Chris

EQ 621, Tran, 612, & Exp 644 per myfico 2/10/15.

Send a secure message online stating that you have been working on your rebuilding of your credit and were hoping to obtain a card with a great credit union like navy to grow with you during this process so you could skip the higher fee cards like credit one and first premier... maybe say a few more things but keep it from being to long winded... if you happen to have good income that is easily provable attach 2 recent paystubs to your e-mail to and mention that in your recon message.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Creditaddict, I haven't rec'd the offical denial yet, but will take your suggestion!

Message 3 of 5
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Honestly navy fed is very weird on approvals I had a 517eq fico when I applied for a card totally expecting a denial and was instantly approved for 2k I have a lot of 2year old cc co's and not one open trade line but my mother with a 605 eq fico got flat out denied even on recon and she has a 3 year old cap1 card with perfect payment history but one collection and car loan charge off also one new cap 1 card .Was denied even on recon
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's very interesting and weird all at the same time. Thanks for sharing!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.