Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Open after Close

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Open after Close

I have a NFed Chas Visa with a 10K CL. I opened it about 5 years ago. Ran into trouble and they closed it. I am at 3375/10000 now and will have it paid off by January.

My question is... if I apply for another NFED CC with a score around 680-700, will the closed acount effect me getting approved aven thought I paid off all 10k?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Open after Close

Not sure, you didnt burn Navy i take it. Perhaps after paying off that debt, it will be more favorable to you if they allow you another card.
Message 2 of 6
peghede
Valued Contributor

For the love of god, Do Not Burn Navy!!

You burn them , you're done,game over, done ,done,you basically burn the whole world under you.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I know if I burned them? They closed my account after a few 120 day lates (OCT 2013), but I got back on top of it and am paying it off.

UTI 34% currently. will be paid off in a few months

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried calling them and asking?
Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Technically i dont think you burned them as you didnt go bk but having 120 lates implies you werent paying them for months at a time which may last in their memory. You may have to talk with them to decide your status.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.