Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Platnium CC App Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Platnium CC App Denied

Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out and get that Platinum after all. I'd forgotten about the cap NFCU puts on customers' CC accounts, so that would very likely account for it. I'd have to leave it to people with more experience with NFCU than me to answer the question about initial denial affecting your score.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Platnium CC App Denied

@Anonymous wrote:

*Update

Just got off with a CC rep from NFCU and I was able to get a better understanding of why I could have been denied

NFCU gives out a max of 80k total between all CC's but 50k per card.

I looked at my accounts and I forgot I had another line of credit opened with them back in 2011 that I was able to upgrade to the Platnium card.  I was also able to get the 8.74% APR on it!

So now, does that initial denial of the card affect my score?

That is awesome! A 6 year old account that you forgot about and an APR deduction to boot! 

This will not affect your score. The inquiry for the application will possibly lower your score a point or two temporarily. But this was actually the best scenario as you will not take a hit to your average age of account due to a new trade. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.