Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Navy loves giving out 2 cards and willing to split the limit on 1 to open a second

Guess that's what is hound have. Got $25K on Flagship and $10K instantly for LOC and then was denied two weeks later for Cash Rewards card.  Since then my scores have gone up quite a bit so I don't know whether I should just wait to reapply in couple months or what.

you can ask to move some of your Flagship over to open the 2nd card.

Message 21 of 17,187
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Navy loves giving out 2 cards and willing to split the limit on 1 to open a second

Guess that's what is hound have. Got $25K on Flagship and $10K instantly for LOC and then was denied two weeks later for Cash Rewards card.  Since then my scores have gone up quite a bit so I don't know whether I should just wait to reapply in couple months or what.

call them back and ask them to move some the CL from Flagship to open a CR.....

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 22 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I do that, wait three months and ask for CLIs on both?

Message 23 of 17,187
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

yep! 90 days 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 24 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

yep! 90 days 

Thanks!

Message 25 of 17,187
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

they also SP you quarterly as well to check account activity and what not 

Message 26 of 17,187
Chilli
Established Contributor

Would you say this is the same theory, if you wanted to open a 3rd card. 

I have 2 cards not and I was thinking about opening another card but the last time I talked to them, the CSR told me that if I'm declined, I would not be able to move my limit to open a credit card.  If declined, it's declined.

your thoughts.

Message 27 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Chilli wrote:

Would you say this is the same theory, if you wanted to open a 3rd card. 

I have 2 cards not and I was thinking about opening another card but the last time I talked to them, the CSR told me that if I'm declined, I would not be able to move my limit to open a credit card.  If declined, it's declined.

your thoughts.

dont' talk to the reps unless you have to... they don't know!!

yes this is how you can open a 3rd card... if you get a rep that says no after being declined, you get a different rep!

Message 28 of 17,187
Chilli
Established Contributor

ok. after the dust settles on my credit report from taking a hit for the LOC today and I will be closing one of my credit builder cards (credit one) today... I will apply for a 3rd card. 

After this, I will be in the garden until....I buy a new car.

Thanks

Message 29 of 17,187
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

CA... Did you see the post in your original one about the poster who got CLD after he tried the 2 nd card thing, and requested cli back on the first!! I think it's somewhere on the last 3 pages of your original NFCU post.
Message 30 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.