Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all! So i got trigger happy and asked for a CLI this morning. My 3rd statement posted today but I am only at day 86. SO i just hopped on chat to see if I could geta  status...of course denied for account being too new, so i told the rep i understood, but she then went on to say that Navy likes a person to have an account at least 6 months before they'll consinder a CLI?!?!?!!? Smiley Surprised   Ummmmm I have read all 388 pages of this...is this something new? Anyone else have any issues lately?

I was told the exact same thing..Reps are trained, I guess, to reply with canned answers.IDK...I applied for 2nd card at 85 days--denied, TO NEW, NO HP-- I got to 91 days, 3 statements---Instant CLI, AND instant approval on 2nd card--Happens all the time...Reapply next Monday--

Message 3881 of 17,187
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all! So i got trigger happy and asked for a CLI this morning. My 3rd statement posted today but I am only at day 86. SO i just hopped on chat to see if I could geta  status...of course denied for account being too new, so i told the rep i understood, but she then went on to say that Navy likes a person to have an account at least 6 months before they'll consinder a CLI?!?!?!!? Smiley Surprised   Ummmmm I have read all 388 pages of this...is this something new? Anyone else have any issues lately?

I was told the exact same thing..Reps are trained, I guess, to reply with canned answers.IDK...I applied for 2nd card at 85 days--denied, TO NEW, NO HP-- I got to 91 days, 3 statements---Instant CLI, AND instant approval on 2nd card--Happens all the time...Reapply next Monday--

Good info to know.

I had a silly rep once tell me I had to have the card for a full yr before any CLIs would be considered. I didn't waste any time debating that issue with her.

Message 3882 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I knew it was too soon, just wanted to take a chance. I didn't argue I was just like ummmmmm ok. I'm just bummed about my VS 6 month wait I got trigger happy with Navy 

Message 3883 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey Wade, got THE LETTER today duh duh dunnnSmiley Wink

Just said i recently had an increase so nothing neg, probably just too soon. Ill hit it again in SeptemberSmiley Happy
Message 3884 of 17,187
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Been with NFCU since 2014 on cashRewards. Pressed CLI button for the first time last week went into reivew. Also applied for Platinum card.

After a week and income verifications Platinum was approved for $12K and cashRewards moved from 10K to 18K. After 3 statements should I be good to try for a cli on the new platinum? 

Message 3885 of 17,187
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

Been with NFCU since 2014 on cashRewards. Pressed CLI button for the first time last week went into reivew. Also applied for Platinum card.

After a week and income verifications Platinum was approved for $12K and cashRewards moved from 10K to 18K. After 3 statements should I be good to try for a cli on the new platinum? 

Surprised they wanted income verification after being a cardholder for 3 years.  Congrats.

Message 3886 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uhmm...is NFCU site down now????

Smiley Sad

Message 3887 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Uhmm...is NFCU site down now????

Smiley Sad

Navy Down.jpg

Yup

Message 3888 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC...that is the best news ever, short of a CLI!!! So no HP then for being too early??

Awesome update...September is only a week away!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 3889 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Explicit, congrats on the huge CLI and the new card!

Yes, after 90+ days and three statements cut, you can go for the CLI on the new Platinum card.

Since you got the CLI, it's now a 6 month wait for another CLI request on the CashRewards card.

Enjoy!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 3890 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.