Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

So I finally closed on my house and all that and I went to Navy for a CLI.

I applied for a CLI on my cash rewards (original SL 2800) and it went to 24 hour review.

So immediately applied for the AMEX and was approved for a SL of 15,000

And then later this afternoon I checked and my cash rewards limit was bumped to 7,800

Last summer, I had score for Equifax from 659 and now my score is 699. So yay! Now I am in the garden for a while.
Message 6061 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
I applied for a CLI on my cash rewards (original SL 2800) and it went to 24 hour review.
And then later this afternoon I checked and my cash rewards limit was bumped to 7,800
Last summer, I had score for Equifax from 659 and now my score is 699. So yay! Now I am in the garden for a while.

Congrats, here lately that seems to be the default limit for the Amex.  Thats a nice CLI too.  

Message 6062 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job BlueAppleSauceSmiley Happy
Message 6063 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just checked, Navy lowered my Apr on Plat to 15.24% Smiley Happy. No go on CR as they cant review until jul or 1 year. No go on auto luv lol as the system does those ARs periodicly. Dont quite remember original apr but ill update if i can find it lol.
Message 6064 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

@Anonymous, wow, where do I start...congratulations!! 

What an accomplishment to have a new home AND an additional $20K at Navy between the bump and the new AMEX!! You have done an outstanding job and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you!!

I'll look for you in the garden!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 6065 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey AJC, congrats on the reduction! I have to get after that too (like tomorrow) lol!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 6066 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wade...

I just tried to get EQ to remove the 2nd "same day" HP from Navy and it was a "very scripted", "no, we are sorry"...

First I tried the online chat, because I just didn't think I could take talking to one of their reps. I got "inquiries are a matter of fact"...

the online chat provided me with a number to call. So I called directly following. First she put me on hold for 5 minutes while she accessed my account. Then she asked what the reason of my call was and proceeded to tell her that I had two HP from the same lender in the same day, and it was my understanding that one should be removed. She put me on hold for another 3 minutes and came back with the identical verbage that the online chat person gave me! That said, she told me I could contact the lender and if they want to allow me to have one of them removed, they could send them a note to remove it at their request.

Wha, wha, wha.........

Oh well, my scores took a hit this week (all but TU) just after they finally increased in two months. But that's ok, I am back in with Amex (3 new cards PRG, Delta Gold Skymiles and Blue Cash Preferred - as well as just Saturday, had my very first "pre-approved", not pre-qualified offers from them) and the new More Rewards Card with the $15K SL from our great friend NFCU! I am getting one more card in 90 Days - the Amex SPG which is the card I have wanted. Then I am off to the garden for the rest of the year!

Message 6067 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

wrote:

Hey AJC, congrats on the reduction! I have to get after that too (like tomorrow) lol!!

Smiley Very Happy

Thanks AWDSmiley Happy  Looking pretty Established their buddySmiley Happy Its suits youSmiley Happy

Message 6068 of 17,187
stinastina
Established Contributor

wrote:

@Anonymous...

I just tried to get EQ to remove the 2nd "same day" HP from Navy and it was a "very scripted", "no, we are sorry"...

First I tried the online chat, because I just didn't think I could take talking to one of their reps. I got "inquiries are a matter of fact"...

the online chat provided me with a number to call. So I called directly following. First she put me on hold for 5 minutes while she accessed my account. Then she asked what the reason of my call was and proceeded to tell her that I had two HP from the same lender in the same day, and it was my understanding that one should be removed. She put me on hold for another 3 minutes and came back with the identical verbage that the online chat person gave me! That said, she told me I could contact the lender and if they want to allow me to have one of them removed, they could send them a note to remove it at their request.

Wha, wha, wha.........

Oh well, my scores took a hit this week (all but TU) just after they finally increased in two months. But that's ok, I am back in with Amex (3 new cards PRG, Delta Gold Skymiles and Blue Cash Preferred - as well as just Saturday, had my very first "pre-approved", not pre-qualified offers from them) and the new More Rewards Card with the $15K SL from our great friend NFCU! I am getting one more card in 90 Days - the Amex SPG which is the card I have wanted. Then I am off to the garden for the rest of the year!

@I had the exact same experience. No luck either. I even asked for a supervisor and the rep put me on hold for 15 minutes before he disconnected me. I hope @Anonymous can come back and give us more details or the magic phone number so we can get this done.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 6069 of 17,187
peghede
Valued Contributor

After i hit Hard Navy  days ago,i i made sure no money was left on the table..in the end i took the money and the table.

NFCU

Message 6070 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.