Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

There is a lot of great information throughout this and other NFCU AR posts.  Is the AR specific to NFCU being able to generate their own "internal score" for credit purposes or is it simply to check on your credit profile?  For example, during AR, do they look at your tenure, how many deposit accounts you have, and the balance in your deposit accounts to increase the chances of a more favorable credit outcome?  I wasn't sure if anyone had experience with this.  Thanks.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2061 of 17,187
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes they have their own enteral scoring system , plus with the AR they also look at your credit profile for EQ . Something about the AR triggers you to be approved for SP vs HP I'm not sure what exactly that is yet .
Message 2062 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could someone link me to the posts on the alternative method for how to get in with these guys?  I don't remember the key words to search between two threads of ~800 pages.  Been gone for the most part since last summer and just remember quickly hearing about how we shouldn't email our info and should send it instead?  Thanks Guys

Message 2063 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Could someone link me to the posts on the alternative method for how to get in with these guys?  I don't remember the key words to search between two threads of ~800 pages.  Been gone for the most part since last summer and just remember quickly hearing about how we shouldn't email our info and should send it instead?  Thanks Guys

Check out this thread, mostly the first post:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Navy-Federal-CU-The-REAL-way-in-for-those-that-dont-qualify/td-p/4598275

Then check out this thread, mostly the latest posts:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/NLUS-San-Diego-alive-and-well/td-p/4640823

If you have any questions, the folks on those threads are knowledgeable and willing to help!  Smiley Wink

Message 2064 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much UncleB, will grab some coffee and have a good read. Smiley Happy

Message 2065 of 17,187
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Yes they have their own enteral scoring system , plus with the AR they also look at your credit profile for EQ . Something about the AR triggers you to be approved for SP vs HP I'm not sure what exactly that is yet .

That is good to know.  Yes, just trying to piece it together as I was wondering if they gave you more "points" on you AR if you had multiple deposit accounts like, savings, CD, IRA, MMSA, etc, or a certain balance between your accounts.  I will keep my patience since the next AR should be around the corner, and then I can check my reports to see if I am gettings SPs.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2066 of 17,187
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Good luck to you Tazman , I dont know when I'll get lucky and move off of my 500 SL , I have 7 statements cut, reports clean compared to when they approved me and my scores have risen drastically but I'm staying hopeful that my turn is coming around soon😊
Message 2067 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Good luck to you Tazman , I dont know when I'll get lucky and move off of my 500 SL , I have 7 statements cut, reports clean compared to when they approved me and my scores have risen drastically but I'm staying hopeful that my turn is coming around soon😊

I forget, when was your last attempt?

Message 2068 of 17,187
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Last AR , Jan 1st
Message 2069 of 17,187
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

@TigerHawke
Message 2070 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.