Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Isha82, welcome to the MyFico community!

Say tuned to this thread at the end of August and beginning of September. Once people are seeing the AR, there will be a lot of activity here. You will definitely know the AR's been done lol!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 3871 of 17,187
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

I have one card with Navy.  It's about 4 months old.  Been using it and making really big payments.  I see they have an offer for a Platinum 12/mo zero interest balance transfer card til 8/31.  Will my high monthly payment history on the current card help to set a nice limit on a new card - assuming, of course, everything else is a go?  Scores now all over 730. 

Or will applying online just cause a credit pull and so the report might be all that's used to set a limit?  If so, maybe I should apply by phone.   Thoughts anyone?

Message 3872 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gonzozap wrote:

I have one card with Navy.  It's about 4 months old.  Been using it and making really big payments.  I see they have an offer for a Platinum 12/mo zero interest balance transfer card til 8/31.  Will my high monthly payment history on the current card help to set a nice limit on a new card - assuming, of course, everything else is a go?  Scores now all over 730. 

Or will applying online just cause a credit pull and so the report might be all that's used to set a limit?  If so, maybe I should apply by phone.   Thoughts anyone?

I actually called NFCU about this very subject...I was told whether I call or online apply, the process is the same. As far as limits go, its a totality of Score (they have a internal system) DTI,  credit exposure. Whatever your current limit is, it will be larger. You don't have a CLOC?...Chances are you would get a sizeable increase if all is clean and DTI is ok....

Message 3873 of 17,187
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

I actually called NFCU about this very subject...I was told whether I call or online apply, the process is the same. As far as limits go, its a totality of Score (they have a internal system) DTI,  credit exposure. Whatever your current limit is, it will be larger. You don't have a CLOC?...Chances are you would get a sizeable increase if all is clean and DTI is ok....

No CLOC.  Would that help anything?

Message 3874 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gonzozap wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

Possibly, as it wouldn't be a credit line agianst your exposure to them. I am not sure it even counts as it is not a credit card account...What is your limit now with the one card?

Message 3875 of 17,187
peghede
Valued Contributor

why use big font ?

Message 3876 of 17,187
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

Possibly, as it wouldn't be a credit line agianst your exposure to them. I am not sure it even counts as it is not a credit card account...What is your limit now with the one card?

No, I don't have a lot of exposure.  My limit on the card I have is only $5k.  I do plan to apply for the CLOC down the road, but only as a help for utilization.

Message 3877 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all! So i got trigger happy and asked for a CLI this morning. My 3rd statement posted today but I am only at day 86. SO i just hopped on chat to see if I could geta  status...of course denied for account being too new, so i told the rep i understood, but she then went on to say that Navy likes a person to have an account at least 6 months before they'll consinder a CLI?!?!?!!? Smiley Surprised   Ummmmm I have read all 388 pages of this...is this something new? Anyone else have any issues lately?

Message 3878 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all! So i got trigger happy and asked for a CLI this morning. My 3rd statement posted today but I am only at day 86. SO i just hopped on chat to see if I could geta  status...of course denied for account being too new, so i told the rep i understood, but she then went on to say that Navy likes a person to have an account at least 6 months before they'll consinder a CLI?!?!?!!? Smiley Surprised   Ummmmm I have read all 388 pages of this...is this something new? Anyone else have any issues lately?

Lots of reports onf this. I think the reps often get this one wrong.

You can definitely get the first CLI at 3 statements 91 days or more.  (I just did like 2 months ago.)

I think from there on it's 6 months in between subsequent CLI requests.

Not sure if you'll have to wait now since you asked too soon.

Message 3879 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Naah - that's just their script. Feel free to try again in a week or so.
Message 3880 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.