Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
stinastina
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

@stinastina wrote:

This Navy step-child was finally given some love without having to beg ! I got an email today that my Promise was bumped p to $2000 from $1000. I have had the card for over a year in May, so I was going to ask for a 6 month cli in November. 

I don't think I've ever read that they just handed out cli's by email - does that happen ? I logged in to double check and it was there. So what do I do about the 6 month cli ? Just forget about it ? I'm in the garden so I'd rather not do a hard pull but I also would rather not miss out on any blessings.

Navy or Penfed...a CLI is a CLI and a huge congrats to you for doubling the CL!!! 

If it was Navy then you would be on the 'ol 6 month clock.

@If it was PenFed then double cheers to you @stinastina...I'm not holding my breathe for PenFed to ever send me an auto CLI lol!!!

Have a great weekend with that new availability my friend!!

Smiley Very Happy 

Whoops, guys ! I meant my cash rewards, @

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 4551 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a cli/2nd card but an addtional data point.

My wife has been a nfcu member for about a week and a half, apped for cashrewards, fico 8's were around 600 all three cra.

few medical collections (Newest was from a year ago, 10 in total across the three CRAs) on her reports that we're working on, student loans that will come out of deferrment in Feb of 18, a month old cap1 plat card and she was approved.

$4200 starting limit @ 16.15% interest.  And then was denied almost immediately (automated denial, no review) later in the day when she applied for the cloc (Only requested a 2k limit) with the message of "Does not meet our lending criteria".

Message 4552 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

She may have been denied because she got the credit card. I know if that’s your first product with them and have no history. Then they may be more likely to deny you for other products until you have the card for 3 months and use it.

I know that others have had success with getting the credit card and CLOC at the same time but many also have been denied.

I applied for the CLOC after the credit card approval and was approved but not for the full $15k, but only $2500. I ended up declining the offer. Waited the 90 days/3 statement scenario and got the increase on my credit card and then applied for the CLOC again and got the full $15k along with the 2nd CC.

The good thing about NFCU is that once you’re in the door, then you’re in great shape! You just have to build the relationship with them and they will treat you great!
Message 4553 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VelosterBEAR wrote:
She may have been denied because she got the credit card. I know if that’s your first product with them and have no history. Then they may be more likely to deny you for other products until you have the card for 3 months and use it.

I know that others have had success with getting the credit card and CLOC at the same time but many also have been denied.

I applied for the CLOC after the credit card approval and was approved but not for the full $15k, but only $2500. I ended up declining the offer. Waited the 90 days/3 statement scenario and got the increase on my credit card and then applied for the CLOC again and got the full $15k along with the 2nd CC.

The good thing about NFCU is that once you’re in the door, then you’re in great shape! You just have to build the relationship with them and they will treat you great!

So far our experience with NFCU has been great.  Customer service has been amazing, very friendly and helpful.  We owe it all to myfico forums for pointing us in that direction.

Message 4554 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife has been a nfcu member for about a week and a half, apped for cashrewards, fico 8's were around 600 all three cra.

few medical collections (Newest was from a year ago, 10 in total across the three CRAs) on her reports that we're working on, student loans that will come out of deferrment in Feb of 18, a month old cap1 plat card and she was approved.

@$4200 starting limit @ 16.15% interest.  And then was denied almost immediately (automated denial, no review) later in the day when she applied for the cloc (Only requested a 2k limit) with the message of "Does not meet our lending criteria".

@Anonymous, welcome to the community! We're glad you've joined us on the forums!

IMHO, your wife hit the jackpot with a starting limit of $4200...a huge congratulations to her! Considering her scores and a collection that is only a year old plus the other collections, Navy has definately been generous. AWESOME news!!

@Since a CLOC at Navy is basically an unsecured LOC sometimes it takes a bit to get one going. She can always recon and ask for the minimum $500 but she may want to follow the path that @VelosterBEAR took and take a few months to establish some history. 

IMHO (once again lol), the Cap One Platinum and the CR card are enough to start building a killer profile. I tend to be very conservative but the way I started my rebuild was with a Cap One and Credit One card and used the heck out of them for six months before I applied for anything else. When I gave NFCU a try after that time, I was instantly approved like your wife for a CR card ($4600 SL) and the full $15K on the CLOC. 90 days later, an instant CLI to $22K and a second card (SL $5500) and 90 days after that, it increased to $22K. Your wife is soooo lucky that she now has the tools she needs to build...now the real strategy comes into play and I look forward to cheering her success in the future!!

Smiley Very Happy

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015
Total Revolving Credit Lines 1 month post discharge: $2600
Total Revolving Credit Lines 1 Year post discharge (Nov. '16): $86K, Total with installment loans: $174K
Total Revolving Credit Lines 23 months post discharge (Oct '17): $196K, Total with installment loans: $338K
11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
01/17 Fico 8: EQ-695, TU-703, EX-673
09/17 Fico 8: EQ-695, TU-692, EX-683
Inquires: Next subject please

Message 4555 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastina wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@stinastina wrote:

This Navy step-child was finally given some love without having to beg ! I got an email today that my Promise was bumped p to $2000 from $1000. I have had the card for over a year in May, so I was going to ask for a 6 month cli in November. 

I don't think I've ever read that they just handed out cli's by email - does that happen ? I logged in to double check and it was there. So what do I do about the 6 month cli ? Just forget about it ? I'm in the garden so I'd rather not do a hard pull but I also would rather not miss out on any blessings.

Navy or Penfed...a CLI is a CLI and a huge congrats to you for doubling the CL!!! 

If it was Navy then you would be on the 'ol 6 month clock.

@If it was PenFed then double cheers to you @stinastina...I'm not holding my breathe for PenFed to ever send me an auto CLI lol!!!

Have a great weekend with that new availability my friend!!

Smiley Very Happy 

Whoops, guys ! I meant my cash rewards, @

That is such awesome news...congrats again!!!

@Anonymous can try for a CLI at six months and if it's instant then it's a SP but if it goes to review it will be a HP. I'm so glad that all your patience and hard work is paying off!!! Good for you @sTINA!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 4556 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@$4200 starting limit @ 16.15% interest.  And then was denied almost immediately (automated denial, no review) later in the day when she applied for the cloc (Only requested a 2k limit) with the message of "Does not meet our lending criteria".

@Anonymous, welcome to the community! We're glad you've joined us on the forums!

IMHO, your wife hit the jackpot with a starting limit of $4200...a huge congratulations to her! Considering her scores and a collection that is only a year old plus the other collections, Navy has definately been generous. AWESOME news!!

@Since a CLOC at Navy is basically an unsecured LOC sometimes it takes a bit to get one going. She can always recon and ask for the minimum $500 but she may want to follow the path that @VelosterBEAR took and take a few months to establish some history. 

IMHO (once again lol), the Cap One Platinum and the CR card are enough to start building a killer profile. I tend to be very conservative but the way I started my rebuild was with a Cap One and Credit One card and used the heck out of them for six months before I applied for anything else. When I gave NFCU a try after that time, I was instantly approved like your wife for a CR card ($4600 SL) and the full $15K on the CLOC. 90 days later, an instant CLI to $22K and a second card (SL $5500) and 90 days after that, it increased to $22K. Your wife is soooo lucky that she now has the tools she needs to build...now the real strategy comes into play and I look forward to cheering her success in the future!!

Smiley Very Happy

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015
Total Revolving Credit Lines 1 month post discharge: $2600
Total Revolving Credit Lines 1 Year post discharge (Nov. '16): $86K, Total with installment loans: $174K
Total Revolving Credit Lines 23 months post discharge (Oct '17): $196K, Total with installment loans: $338K
11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
01/17 Fico 8: EQ-695, TU-703, EX-673
09/17 Fico 8: EQ-695, TU-692, EX-683
Inquires: Next subject please

Thanks for the words of encouragement.  I'm hoping once I'm added on as an AU and with my small amount of lines that once I start getting Fico8 scores it gives me a decent starting score.

We're both excited though, our local CU didn't have nearly the features/capabilities as what we've already seen (And I'm sure probbaly many that we haven't seen yet for NFCU).  

Message 4557 of 17,187
Andy-Griffin
Established Member

I received a flyer from NFCU today inviting me to apply for the new AMEX NFCU card.

Are these invitations similar to pre-approvals, or are they just to inform members? I noticed that it has an approval code to mention when applying.

Message 4558 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you try for a SP increase on a card over the phone or is it only online? My dad isn’t signed up online, still writes checks.
Message 4559 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andy-Griffin (love that show!) I received the same NFCU AMEX mailer today with an acceptance code one day after I received a denial for a Flagship Card - Credit Too New. I notice the expiration date is late December so I may wait until then to pull the trigger. I read on this forum that some people have been denied flat out even with the acceptance/promo code. But then there were people denied one day then applied to an invite with acceptance code a week later and approved.  Nonetheless, I am excited to just get the invite. Smiley LOL Let us know if you go for it.

Message 4560 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.