cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

Mod cut

I have to go back into the branch (which is 1 1/2 hours each way) to take my drivers license and 2 pcs of proof of my physical address....I.e. Current bills. Before any further review.

-thinly disguised profanity 

Message 61 of 5,057

CreditQueen323 wrote:  This might be a little off topic, but thought this thread would have the people who knew best acout NFCU..I was just approved for my first NFCU CC last week...I know u can make a payment from your NFCU savings (or checking, I just have a savings) , but is there another way to make a payment? The only reason I am asking is because when I was on my other banks bill pay NFCU came up. It asked for the account number and just the zip code (no sure what that would be) so.it made me question if u are able to.make a bill payment from a different bank to your NFCU card. Also I read before that you can only make so many payments a month with NFCU after that they start putting your payments on hold. Sorry again for changing the subject I just have been searching for the answer and cant find it.

You can also add a non-NFCU bank account under the "Transfers" tab at the bottom of the page.  Once you do this you are able to choose that account in the dropdown menu of available accounts from which to pay the card balance.

Message 62 of 5,057
Established Contributor

So what is the deal nfcu and the amount of credit they have extended you. Is there a limit? I mean if I have a checking and saving. Can I get a cc, navcheck and still be able to get mortgage or auto loans or is it smart to not get stuff that I really don't need so it doesn't affect future things from them? When I spoke to my agent on the phone she was pushing me to get a cc right then even though I have no need for it.
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 63 of 5,057
Epic Contributor

Future credit is going to be based on debt to income... No debt, no dti to worry about.
Cars and mortgages are only going to really care about the percentage of your income that debt will take to service.
Navy is not any different from other banks in that sense
Message 64 of 5,057
Epic Contributor

Yes you can pay the credit card through your other banks bill pay... Take the info off your statement as to the address and such.
Message 65 of 5,057
Established Contributor

@CA, do u think this is a denial...because I was told that after I submit the documents (proof of physical address) my app will be sent for further review.

Message 66 of 5,057
Epic Contributor

Chilli wrote:

@CA, do u think this is a denial...because I was told that after I submit the documents (proof of physical address) my app will be sent for further review.

sounds like approved to me.

Message 67 of 5,057
Established Contributor

HMm my score are in the 800s. I might get a cc from them and possibly an auto loan down the road and a mortgage ... I guess I won't do navcheck
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 68 of 5,057
Established Contributor

OK...I talked to them and I am able to email them the documents...I will get their decision tomorrow.

Message 69 of 5,057
Epic Contributor

Chilli wrote:

OK...I talked to them and I am able to email them the documents...I will get their decision tomorrow.

Smiley Happy

Message 70 of 5,057