Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

[ Edited ]

Mod cut

I have to go back into the branch (which is 1 1/2 hours each way) to take my drivers license and 2 pcs of proof of my physical address....I.e. Current bills. Before any further review.

-thinly disguised profanity 

[ Edited ]

CreditQueen323 wrote:  This might be a little off topic, but thought this thread would have the people who knew best acout NFCU..I was just approved for my first NFCU CC last week...I know u can make a payment from your NFCU savings (or checking, I just have a savings) , but is there another way to make a payment? The only reason I am asking is because when I was on my other banks bill pay NFCU came up. It asked for the account number and just the zip code (no sure what that would be) so.it made me question if u are able to.make a bill payment from a different bank to your NFCU card. Also I read before that you can only make so many payments a month with NFCU after that they start putting your payments on hold. Sorry again for changing the subject I just have been searching for the answer and cant find it.

You can also add a non-NFCU bank account under the "Transfers" tab at the bottom of the page.  Once you do this you are able to choose that account in the dropdown menu of available accounts from which to pay the card balance.

Established Contributor

So what is the deal nfcu and the amount of credit they have extended you. Is there a limit? I mean if I have a checking and saving. Can I get a cc, navcheck and still be able to get mortgage or auto loans or is it smart to not get stuff that I really don't need so it doesn't affect future things from them? When I spoke to my agent on the phone she was pushing me to get a cc right then even though I have no need for it.
CSR | Freedom Unlimited | Freedom | Ink Business Preffered | Amex Everyday | NFCU Cash Rewards
Epic Contributor

Future credit is going to be based on debt to income... No debt, no dti to worry about.
Cars and mortgages are only going to really care about the percentage of your income that debt will take to service.
Navy is not any different from other banks in that sense
Epic Contributor

Yes you can pay the credit card through your other banks bill pay... Take the info off your statement as to the address and such.
Established Contributor

@CA, do u think this is a denial...because I was told that after I submit the documents (proof of physical address) my app will be sent for further review.

Epic Contributor

Chilli wrote:

@CA, do u think this is a denial...because I was told that after I submit the documents (proof of physical address) my app will be sent for further review.

sounds like approved to me.

Established Contributor

HMm my score are in the 800s. I might get a cc from them and possibly an auto loan down the road and a mortgage ... I guess I won't do navcheck
CSR | Freedom Unlimited | Freedom | Ink Business Preffered | Amex Everyday | NFCU Cash Rewards
Established Contributor

OK...I talked to them and I am able to email them the documents...I will get their decision tomorrow.

Epic Contributor

Chilli wrote:

OK...I talked to them and I am able to email them the documents...I will get their decision tomorrow.

Smiley Happy

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.