Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
mzniko
Valued Member

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

Im having a hard time too getting the cloc. Not even a counteroffer!!
I have two new cc with them. The cash rewards and a platinum. Guess I will have to wait!
Message 611 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

My application for CLOC was denied and one of the reasons cited was that my income wouldn't support the requested amount. Which I can understand. 15K could be considered a lot against an income of 75K, and the other reason given was short history with NFCU. I'm just confused because I assumed they always countered you. Upset I wasted a hard pull. But it's all good.
Message 612 of 17,187
gibeon
Established Contributor

The underwriting for the CLOC is apparently a totally different department than the Credit Cards (and is also a little bizarre). I can't get an unsecured card with them, though I do keep applying for the Cash Rewards, but I did get a $3,500 CLOC, which was a counter offer from the $15k I requested.

My third statement on my Secured nRewards card cuts this week, so I'm going to try to call in and apply for the Cash Rewards again, and to bump up my CLOC hopefully.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 613 of 17,187
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

CA what are you thoughts...

I would really like to get a buisnes LOC and CC from Navy Federal. I just got the checking account today but I've had the savings a while.

My scores from this site is 670's (see sig line below)

I have a personal CC with a $7500 limit and a $15K LOC. My income is about $85k.

Thoughts....

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 614 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jologan79 wrote:

I would really like to get a buisnes LOC and CC from Navy Federal. I just got the checking account today but I've had the savings a while.

I have a personal CC with a $7500 limit and a $15K LOC. My income is about $85k.

Thoughts....

I would apply!

Message 615 of 17,187
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if I did appwould they use the same HP for both?

Do you know?

@Creditaddict wrote:

@jologan79 wrote:

Thoughts....

I would apply!

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 616 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes 1 TU pull
Message 617 of 17,187
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

So last month I combined my MC to my cash rewards card.. received a letter in the mail that NFCU wanted me to reconsider my decision to close my MC account.

I'm thinking- HMMM what do I do here.. so I called yesterday, the rep saw the previous limit, put in the request to reopen the MC.

Just logged in and see its back on my account- but no CL

Should I wait another day, press the CLI button or SM them?

All of my previous statements are online again, all account history shows.

Message 618 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Wait
Message 619 of 17,187
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

that's what I was thinking also.. I'll give it another day to see if it updates back to the original CL.

thanks CA

I was surprised they even mailed me a letter giving the opportunity.

Message 620 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.