Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

Just so I'm clear, what is "AR?" I have $20k CL on cash rewards from a request in October and would like to get it to $25k. When should I request to avoid HP?
Message 671 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just so I'm clear, what is "AR?" I have $20k CL on cash rewards from a request in October and would like to get it to $25k. When should I request to avoid HP?

Account Review... it was done beginning of jan so you could "potentially" be able to cli now without a hp but if you made a big jump to get to the $20k just 2 months ago I would probably wait until at least the March AR.

Message 672 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think I'd call it a big jump. It was $15k to $20k.
Message 673 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved to $25k!
Message 674 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Nice. Congrats!
Message 675 of 17,187
Misses_November
Contributor

Question for you- since being denied for a limit increase on my Go Rewards last month (My limit is $1000), I've gotten approved for a Upromise/Barclays for $4000 and a Discover It for $7500.  Should I contact NFCU and ask for a review using the last soft pull?  Or should I just let it rest?

Message 676 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Misses_November wrote:

Question for you- since being denied for a limit increase on my Go Rewards last month (My limit is $1000), I've gotten approved for a Upromise/Barclays for $4000 and a Discover It for $7500.  Should I contact NFCU and ask for a review using the last soft pull?  Or should I just let it rest?

if navy reviewed with last hard pull on jan 2 or whatever day it was they did it, you would be able to just request a cli online and get an instant counter... now the flip side is if they didn't change anything when they did that sp in the computer system for your card it would go to manual review for a hp... i would let these new accounts report and update your credit report and do another request online after the march 1 AR

Message 677 of 17,187
Misses_November
Contributor

Good deal, thank you!!!

Message 678 of 17,187
SLO805
Frequent Contributor

@Misses_November wrote:

The AR was Dec 29th(?) did you request cli prior? (You said denied last month)

Gardening 25JAN16 - 25JUL16

Message 679 of 17,187
Misses_November
Contributor

No I requested the increase in the beginning of December.  I read that there was an AR earlier this month, so I was asking if I should go back and have NFCU review from that soft pull earlier this month.  My score has jumped 50+ points since that request I made in December.

Message 680 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.