Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
jbsea
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
No, always manual reviews on additional cards and all new products are hp even if they just pulled a hp for something else!

Sorry for breaking into the conversation, but speaking only to applying for a second card... are you saying an app for a second card will always go to manual review if you already have a card with NFCU?

I'm not looking for a second card (at this time), I'm merely wanting to clarify for if/when the time comes.  Smiley Happy

yeah that isn't true lol. my second was instant approved. 

My Flagship from last week was not, but I did get approved in about a hour

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 721 of 17,187
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

I submitted my recon yesterday.  Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a repsonse?

Message 722 of 17,187
cem13
Established Contributor

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

I submitted my recon yesterday.  Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a repsonse?

I have received responses within a few hours.  However, those were on normal business days.  My guess is you will hear something by late Monday.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 723 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

they work 24/7. you'll probably hear something within the next day or two AT MOST. likely today.
Message 724 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick question for you. Do you have to serve in the Navy to apply for their cards? Thanks in advance.

Message 725 of 17,187
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A quick question for you. Do you have to serve in the Navy to apply for their cards? Thanks in advance.

No. Active or retired military, DOD and their immediate family members or household members

Message 726 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You have to qualify for membership, rather that be family, yourself, roommate...
Message 727 of 17,187
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

Just got a notice I had a message.  Just so you all know I had a $1,600 limit when I applied for the increase.  Here's the response:

Navy Federal Response 03/12/2016 :

Thank you for your inquiry as to why your recent credit application was not approved. Because we take our members concerns seriously, we conducted a second review of your application.
We are pleased to inform you that your recent credit limit increase application has been approved.  The credit limit on your account has been increased to $10,000.00, effective immediately.  If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.
Message 728 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your increase. that's a nice one.
Message 729 of 17,187
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

Another update:  I sent another message asking if I could be upgraded to the Visa Signature since I now had a limit over $5,000.  I just got a messag eback that said my account had been upgraded and they were sending me out a new card with the benefits.  

Then the message went on to say that upon further review they were lowering my APR from 17.15% to 15.4%.  Not too shabby considering I didn't even ask for that.  I PIF so that's never been an issue really.  Now If I can just get them to unsecire my over three year old nRewards card!

Message 730 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.