Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
chris288
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

Wanted to post my experience just yesterday with Navy Fed.  I absolutely love Navy.  I have multiple accounts with them.. Credit Card 25k, Auto Loan 9k, Personal Loan 14k, Business Auto Loan 7k and Business Credit Card 10k. 

So I decided to try the NavCheck I keep hearing so much about, got an instant approval for 15k.  I then when ahead and applied for a 2nd Credit Card (GoRewards) and they gave me a 5k limit.

Its weird because they have been so generous, then I have Penfed Rewards Card and they will not give any limit increase at all if you have to many other cards or carry a balance on other cards.  I have perfect credit, but carry 50% on all cards.

Love some Navy Federal!!  Quick Question, when should I hit the love button on the second card for 25k request?  Do I need to wait 3 months?

Thanks,

Message 741 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@chris288 wrote:

Wanted to post my experience just yesterday with Navy Fed.  I absolutely love Navy.  I have multiple accounts with them.. Credit Card 25k, Auto Loan 9k, Personal Loan 14k, Business Auto Loan 7k and Business Credit Card 10k. 

So I decided to try the NavCheck I keep hearing so much about, got an instant approval for 15k.  I then when ahead and applied for a 2nd Credit Card (GoRewards) and they gave me a 5k limit.

Its weird because they have been so generous, then I have Penfed Rewards Card and they will not give any limit increase at all if you have to many other cards or carry a balance on other cards.  I have perfect credit, but carry 50% on all cards.

Love some Navy Federal!!  Quick Question, when should I hit the love button on the second card for 25k request?  Do I need to wait 3 months?

Thanks,

yes I would. and actually it will be 4 statements since you got it right at the same time as an AR and they are done every 2 months.

Message 742 of 17,187
chris288
Regular Contributor

Ok great I will wait 4 months then from now and try for the CLI.  Navy is awesome!

Thanks for all the help on this board.

Message 743 of 17,187
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

I think I'm going to pass on the luv button this time around. I'm at 19k limit with my cashRewards with them, and 16% util overall, but my NFCU CC is at 37% util due to the nice BT promo they have going on right now. Think I'll keep paying that util down & then try again in 4-6 months. Want them to see a nice util% when I click that button again. Might have to put all my bureaus on ice so I don't get itchy fingers.

Message 744 of 17,187
chris288
Regular Contributor

Really quick question on the NavCheck.  Do I need to use this LOC once to get them to report the trade line amount?  It popped up on 2 (Equifax and Exp) but its not showing the amount.  (Navy gave me 15k limit)

How do I get them to report the 15k Limit?  That should boost my score having more credit.  Thought about writing a check out of it and using it.

Thoughts?

Thanks, 

Message 745 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shouldn't need to use it for that. I didn't
Message 746 of 17,187
chris288
Regular Contributor

Maybe I will wait another month and see.

Thanks,

Message 747 of 17,187
Cstolpe493
Established Member

Message 748 of 17,187
CapitolCredithawk

Received a balance transfer offer in email today, with an offer to Apply for the GoRewards card. I have the Flagship currently and a car loan. I requested a CLI back in March that was denied, probably because of my utilization rate, so I paid it down substantially. Anyone have experiences with an offer like this any idea of the chances?

Thanks for the help!

Message 749 of 17,187
AintYouADaisy
New Contributor

Hey CCH, I received one of those as well, in email then a follow up mailed card. I, too, have the Flagship (no add'l lines with NFCU though) and my util on that card is about 44%.  I'm stewing on the same.  I haven't asked for a CLI on the card since I'm already at a $25k limit on it.  I have too many accounts opened within the last few years, the most recent being about 15 months ago.   (the AAoA and inquiries from those therefore caused a big blow to the scores).  

Anyones 2 cents would be appreciated.

Message 750 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.