@arnach please update...on CLOC when you can;
Message 801 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Getting ready for for AMEX 3xcli;my question;Is it ok to do NFCU 25k ask on CC if I did one In early May.... which was done online and auto appr. By CPU. And will AMEX CR pull  for 3x CLI cause anything to not go through... On the NFCU increase...Any info thks in advanceSmiley HappySmiley Happy

*UPDATE*

Ok....so jus did AMEX 3X cli appr.!!! Smiley Very HappyNow I went a head and asked...NFCU for CLI for the $25,000.00 on CC got;message; application going for review this clo take 24HRs...uhmmm how's it looking for me so far.... good or bad??? On increase????Smiley Embarassed

Status same😐

*UPDATE*within*a*UPDATE*

Cheers!!!!!               YaY Smiley LOL YaY      

Checked ACC. on lunch break today...and saw.....credit limit $25,000.oo on NFCU CC wow thks to all contributors of myfico.com community!!!Smiley Very Happy I never acquired so much credit in such a short period of time!!!! Couldn't have done it with out the wealth of knowledge here......

@Creditaddict; special thks to you... remember this might be getting old for you; but it's new to someone else dont change and keep giving great advice!!!!!

Been a member for less than a Mo. And it's already paying off!!!Smiley Wink

Message 802 of 17,187
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Question: I was approved for a 13,200 go rewards cc from nfcu to months ago. The statement cuts on the 27th of this month witch will make it my 3rd statement cut (90days). Well I decided to jump the gun a little early and ask for a CLI for 25k, they countered and gave me 18k I'm happy, but here is the thing by it not being my 3rd statement cut yet when September comes for the soft pull am i still able to do a CLI for 25k or should I leave it alone since I just got a CLI ?
Message 803 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'd probably wait another few months after a large cli
Message 804 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CA

I just wanted to update you guys on what I've found with NFCU on my experience with getting a second CC. My current cash rewards card has $25k I got to $20k all on SP luv button hits, then tried for $30k and got the 3-5day about 3-4 months ago. they countered and that's how I got to the $25k.

Here I am today ( applied last friday ) after applying for a 2nd card after reading some of these success stories and the option to potentially use some exisiting credit line to open the second card even if declined.... Below is the message I got after using your technique of sending a secured message and what to say.

"Thank you for your message. It is not Navy Federal's practice to reduce credit limits on existing accounts in order to open a new credit card; therefore, we are unable to process your request. We can offer the option to change your current credit card account to a Flagship account if that is something you may be interested in. Should you have additional questions, please let us know. We ask that you please do not reply to this application message. If you have further inquiries, you may send an online message using your Navy Federal Online Account Access service. On the Other Services tab, click on E-Message to Navy Federal under the Contact Us option."

I also called in and they stated this is not a practice of NFCU and they would not be willing to do it Smiley Sad

Message 805 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

WoW I had hopes of doing this...😶
Message 806 of 17,187
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yeah they pretty much stopped doing it quite a while back last year
Message 807 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I only had 2 HQ on my report so it was worth the try either way. They've been great to me since I joined and I love their limits and rates. I'm only 2.5yrs post BK now and I've got that $25k CC limit, CLOC at the full $15k and my truck through them at the lowest rate they offered on new vehicles. They are very willing to help people re-establish and get there feet under them again so I can't complain.

Message 808 of 17,187
Misses_November
Contributor

Not understanding at all why NFCU won't increase my CC or LOC.  I've applied 3 times over the past 9 mos, and turned down everytime.  However, every other CC I have has increased an additional $2000-4000 each!  They don't like me Smiley Sad

Message 809 of 17,187
creditbaaby
Contributor

Hello to all. I'm extremely new to site. I was an NFCU member back in 2009. Had a secured card that graduated and after a while of no activity to my accounts, they were closed. Fast forward... I rejoined 07/06. Applied 07/08 for gorewards and denied. Applied for secured card 07/11 and still waiting for approval, money still in account. They  have pulled both EQ and TU.  Any thoughts or suggestions? I really dont remember the process.

I'm completely starting over credit wise. This will be only open account if approved Smiley Sad

Starting Scores: 6/2016- EX 511 TU 506 EQ?
12/2016- EX 623 TU 643 EQ 646
07/2017- EX 624 TU 652 EQ 655
Message 810 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.