Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Navy Federal

So......................................... it looks like good news.........................I'll explain

I joined NFCU sometime last year, through The Navy Leauge...........(Closed Loophole now)  Thanks MyFico board members!!

I've been unsuccessful in securing any credit from NFCU, twice now and I've accepted that!!  So, I've gone the secured route with a S1500 deposit and it will be going on 2 months, since approved for that.Smiley Tongue

Every time I check my "offers", nothing comes up -- I'm fine and I'm still content with that, as I'm trying to build a relationship with them....However, I now have an email -- from their "marketing" dept as stated in the URLSmiley Wink

It's a pre-selected offer from them asking me to accept offer for a Go Rewards card!!!  When you do get offers from them, are they pre-selected or pre-approved????  Here's what I got: .......  *So generally, is this what you guys get offered??

On another note, I also joined PENFED 2 months ago and they approved me for a Power Cash Rewards card with a SL of 10k and a APR of 14.74, which is fine, but that's a different entity and my current Fico is @ 730

ANavyFederal.jpg

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal

Although, i think I've learned through MYFICO, that if your offer has a single APR listed, then that's surely a pre-approved offer versus a range -- like this offer, so not neccessarily pre-approved, but like I said from their marketing dept -- pre-selected, so I've met certain critera and there's no guarantee, ....but I think it's still too early,  if not a solid offer.....and don't want to be racking up anymore INQ's

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know for sure, but I don't think Navy sends out 'weak' offers. If it were me, I'd go for it. But, full disclosure, I fell for the fake pre-approvals from Amex and Disco before I learned better, so take my advice with a grain of salt Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 43
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Thanks.......as for Discover and Amex x 3..... They've been solid for me!   I'm more interested in this offer....I think I'll wait longer....

p.s.  I know I don't "need" any more credit, as I have plenty avail, but I'm willing to replace/trade a lot of my Comenity and Sych cards for something more substantial

Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck !

I am anxious to see what other members of this community have to say as well

reqarding this offer.

Message 5 of 43
fedxboy
Established Contributor

yeah, i'm anxious to hear too.....as I posted this upon awakening.....but it's time to go back to bed....haha

so, maybe i'll have/hear/learn from others replies upon finally awakening for the day -- like presents under my tree....lol........Christmas in July!!

Message 6 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

To me it looks like marketing with no set apr. However, as youve been establishing history, its quite possible its a good offer. My accounts too new to get any offers. I believe one member along time ago got one applied, denied but then like a week later got a mailer and was approved. Just gave to decide if its worth a hp to find outSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 43
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

sorry, does your sig say you have $400k+ in credit?  and you are using a secure card from nfcu? 

Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same email, I thought it was funny since I just was approved for a card last week. 

Message 9 of 43
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

sorry, does your sig say you have $400k+ in credit?  and you are using a secure card from nfcu? 

You are correct!     Hey Chuck, we have a winner here!!!.....    So what....I desire to get in with NFCU....  The secured card establishes a relationship with them.    

Thanks for your advice, rather than criticism......oh wait....

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.