cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavyFed Join & Apply for Credit Card = 1 or 2 Hard Inquiries?

tag
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

NavyFed Join & Apply for Credit Card = 1 or 2 Hard Inquiries?

Just joined NavyFed and was accepted - resulted in a hard pull.

If I were to apply for a credit card (looking at the Cash Rewards one to possibly be a replacement for my Cap1 Quicksilver), would it result in a 2nd hard pull?  Or would it leverage the first hard pull that was used to join the credit union?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NavyFed Join & Apply for Credit Card = 1 or 2 Hard Inquiries?

@iDShaDoW wrote:

Just joined NavyFed and was accepted - resulted in a hard pull.

If I were to apply for a credit card (looking at the Cash Rewards one to possibly be a replacement for my Cap1 Quicksilver), would it result in a 2nd hard pull?  Or would it leverage the first hard pull that was used to join the credit union?

Most likely anotherr HP. NFCU is great but they are HP happy.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just joining myself but will wait about 6 months to a year before I app for a cc.  Just going to open a savings account & see how it goes.

Message 3 of 11
jbsea
Established Contributor

2 hard pulls.  TU to join and EQ for CC

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 4 of 11
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Ouch.

Thanks for the quick reply all.

I currently have 2 hard pulls on my report as of now; might as well pull the trigger on the 3rd and get it done and over with so they both fall off at the same time.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iDShaDoW wrote:

Ouch.

Thanks for the quick reply all.

I currently have 2 hard pulls on my report as of now; might as well pull the trigger on the 3rd and get it done and over with so they both fall off at the same time.

It will be worth the HP for the $25K CL you're more than likely to get.  Don't forget the LOC as well

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbsea wrote:

That's not always the case.  They didn't pull TU for me.  It was EQ for everything

Message 7 of 11
jbsea
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jbsea wrote:

That's not always the case.  They didn't pull TU for me.  It was EQ for everything

My dw and I both got TU to join... and I got EQ for both cc and cloc.  But I'm sure your correct.  But I do know that they do like those HP!

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbsea wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jbsea wrote:

My dw and I both got TU to join... and I got EQ for both cc and cloc.  But I'm sure your correct.  But I do know that they do like those HP!

It varies geographically and yes they do.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal is awesome butttttt they like to hard pull for virtually everything.   I had a total of 7 inquiries in the span of 3 days because I apped for cc, loc, and auto loan refinance.   So just be aware of that because every department does their own inquiry.  I didn't know any better when I opened my account back in April, and the Banker in the branch told me they would hard pull me for the account activation and the hard pull would be good for 30 days for other credit products.   My inquiry page tells me she was highly mistaken.  LOL

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.