Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Add'l Credit Line to Boost Score

tag
Mysticuno
Contributor

Re: Need Add'l Credit Line to Boost Score

Hope it happens by 2/1 or else I won't make it thru Underwriting for mortgage approval. Aggressive and hopeful. Thx!

Current Score: EFX 645, XPN 680, TU 725
Message 11 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Mysticuno wrote:

Hope it happens by 2/1 or else I won't make it thru Underwriting for mortgage approval. Aggressive and hopeful. Thx!

if you are looking to go to underwriting that soon I would NOT apply for anymore.

Just work on paying and deleting and keeping your new ones very low util.

Message 12 of 22
Mysticuno
Contributor

Yes i agree, only needed two but the AU add was a bonus since it was already established. Thanks :-)

Message 13 of 22
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Mysticuno wrote:

Was approved today for both JCrew $250CL and CAP1 Unsecured $300. It's a little start but good news.

Congrats! Huge start WTG! Smiley Wink

edit: Any more inquires will be a negative I don't think your score will be where you want it by 2/1 credit takes time.Smiley Embarassed

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 14 of 22
brikays
Regular Contributor

@Mysticuno wrote:

Was approved today for both JCrew $250CL and CAP1 Unsecured $300. It's a little start but good news.

Congrats.....we all have to start somewhere. Good luck on your credit journey.

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 15 of 22
alvon123
Super Contributor

@Mysticuno wrote:

congrats

Message 16 of 22
Mysticuno
Contributor

Thanks ALL for your feedback and support. Will keep you informed of my 2/1/14 mortgage fast track. 

Message 17 of 22
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Mysticuno wrote:

Additionally, after the previous repo collection is paid and a final collection of 309. PFD, I will have paid more than 5k on cleanup but totaling over 10k of negative showing owed on my report. Working to become mortgage ready for 1st Q next year.

@If you're planning on taking out a mortgage you're better off just working on the deletes unless  you want the UW up your @$$ scrutinizing everything on your report and writing explainations for every little thing you add to your portfolio.  I hadn't opened anything in the previous 12-24 months before taking mine out a couple of years ago.  I had to write something up because the address on my DL didn't match where I lived, another letter for the inquiries from another mortgage broker prior to selecting the mortgage company i went with, and some other little things.  

I suspect you will have to explain some stuff though once all the bad stuff abates from your credit profile to explain why you have a $500 secured card when your score pops up from the weight lifted from the bad items being removed.

You might be able to get past UW though if you have some higher reserves in the bank prior to applying and giving them your financial records for the past 2 years and submitting the 4506-T for IRS verification.  It all depends on the UW ultimately though whether they approve or deny the mortgage application and funding.

Message 18 of 22
Mysticuno
Contributor

Thanks! Saw another bump in the score, will continue working toward the goal. Reading others' journy's has been very inspirational and hopeful.

Message 19 of 22
mlibby
Regular Contributor

after reading this i still dont know what aaoa is. totally off the subject but could someone tell me what is means?

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.