Did you mean: 

Need CreditAddicts Help on NFCU

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need CreditAddicts Help on NFCU

@Zorasmiles wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:
Would the product change allow for any bonus promotions?
From my understanding "YES" as long as you meet all the requirements of the promotion as I was informed but I would double check with NFCU, as it seems they are making a few internal changes at the moment.

I'll have to call them and see what I can do.  I'd like the bonus on the goRewards account.

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 11 of 15
jasonad

I was able to move some credit to open a new account on the 4th.  I did it via secured message.

Purpose of Loan: goRewards MasterCard Date: 11/04/2014 Subject: Credit card

Thank you for your message. We are pleased to inform you that your recent credit card application has been approved for $2,000.00. Your new credit card has been issued to your address of record and should be received within approximately seven to ten business days. You will also receive your credit card agreement, interest rate and credit limit in approximately three to five business days. You will have access to your new account through Navy Federal Online in 24-48 business hours. Your existing line has been lowered to $5,500.00 to accommodate the approval. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know, or if you prefer, you may also call us toll-free any time at 1-888-842-632

Message 12 of 15
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@jasonad wrote:

I was able to move some credit to open a new account on the 4th.  I did it via secured message.

Purpose of Loan: goRewards MasterCard Date: 11/04/2014 Subject: Credit card

Thank you for your message. We are pleased to inform you that your recent credit card application has been approved for $2,000.00. Your new credit card has been issued to your address of record and should be received within approximately seven to ten business days. You will also receive your credit card agreement, interest rate and credit limit in approximately three to five business days. You will have access to your new account through Navy Federal Online in 24-48 business hours. Your existing line has been lowered to $5,500.00 to accommodate the approval. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know, or if you prefer, you may also call us toll-free any time at 1-888-842-632

Jasonad,

Congrats on being able to get it done.  CreditAddict informed me that I'd have to apply for another card, be denied and than request to move over a portion of my credit line.  Considering I don't want the HP, I tried getting it done by just going through a SR Credit Card Rep and was informed that they no longer mover over a portion of your credit line.  May I ask if you applied and were denied for another product before being able to reallocate a portion of your available credit limit to open another card?  I'm sure I'd get approved for another card but I just don't want another HP for at least another 6 months.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 13 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you have always had to apply first
Message 14 of 15
jasonad

Yes, I applied first

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.