Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice for Recon

What is a good reason to say for why I have "too many credit inquiries"?? I am going to call for recon on a Best Buy card.

I'm going to say 3 were CLI requests for cards already opened which I thought were soft pulls. But I still need one or two more reasons.

What have you all said in the past? Or what can you think of?

TIA
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Need advice for Recon

Well I tell them the truth that I was repairing and building positive credit lines and that is why I have so many new accts and inquiries. Guess it just depends on your personal situation.
Message 2 of 15
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What is a good reason to say for why I have "too many credit inquiries"?? I am going to call for recon on a Best Buy card.

I'm going to say 3 were CLI requests for cards already opened which I thought were soft pulls. But I still need one or two more reasons.

TIA

Best buy card is with Citi right? Were you denied or was it pending? If it's just pending, it's easy to turn that into an approval. If it was denied, it's nearly impossible to have them reconsidered...the frontline agents for recon cannot do much. You can check out my previous post on my Citi recon experience...

It's better to just go to a branch for recon or call executive office. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's denied. I don't call for recons.... ever. I always send letters to the EO or address them to UW Manager. So far... I've went 9 for 10 in the last 2 yrs doing it that way.
Message 4 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats a good percentage DJ, stick with works. Best Buy/ Citi is kinda weird. I burned Citi in my bk but when i applied for BB got the $2000k approval with choice of store or visa, viss duhSmiley Wink, wirh my bk still on report. Ill tell one thing sometimes when you call for a cli they want a 10 page account on why you want more. Good luck if you decide to reconSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx. BB is like a thorn for me. I have been denied countless times in the last 2 years for this card. I My EQ is good now. it's always been denied for my last CO which is gone now and too many INQs. I'm gonna try Recon first to save the HP but if that doesn't work I think I would finally get it now that my EQ is clean and around 750
Message 6 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I feel ya, Discover was mine these last two years. One would think we'd just move on but i guess the lure for what we cant have is too strong sometimesSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've only had to recon twice but I am always honest with the reasoning- for me it's rebuilding. I've always heard BB is a weird one. I had a BB card way way back in the day, but have yet to get the one backed by Citi. Do you app in the store or online? I feel like in store would be easier for approval...

Message 8 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

TIA

I'm no expert in recons, but I know who is... @pizza1.  IMO she's the master!  Smiley Very Happy

Hopefully she'll be able to share some of her tips.  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joe.... it's like some messed up fetish I have with them. I don't even know how much I would use it anymore.... but it just bothers me I can't get the **bleep** card. Smiley Happy

Everyone else thx for the replies. Always had good luck with my recons so I will do them. Just wanted advice on how to handle the Inq reasoning. I like the rebuilding thing but idk if they will believe that now that my TU and EQ are both above 750. I'll have to word it the right way.
I'll keep this updated with my results .
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.