Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for a balance transfer card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice for a balance transfer card

Hi all,

First thanks for all the advice out here already, been scouring for a long time and have benefited a lot from the forums, not just credit but overall managing money.

I'm in need of a balance transfer card, I've managed to keep a good credit history so far. Have; CSP @ 7k, Freedom @ 5k, CDP @ 3k, ThankYou @ 6k, AMEX BCE @ 4k. My balances are usually under $500 and use 1-2 card. Credit does have bunch of recent inquries Smiley Happy Oldest card I believe is 4 years old with CapOne

So I applied for a Citi Simplicity last night and got a 2k limit.. I need something atleast 7k for a balance transfer, my options are Discover It, AMEX EveryDay, or Chase Slate. I'm not really liking Slate since it seems like they don't typically give higher limit, however Chase has given me higher initial limits compared to others. What would you guys recommend? Need 0 intro for atleast 15 months, currently all my cards are out of the intro.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice for a balance transfer card

Without knowing what linit you are looking for I would go with the Slate.  You're already established with them and I do t see why the other two options would give you higher limit

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. you could wait for your new citi card to come in the mail, set up online access and do the "request credit line increase online" it sends it for a manual review with an analyst and usually you can see the new limit in about an hour if it's during business hours (ask for $25k and they will counter if not approve the full amount... seriously!)

2. You could apply for slate and if they don't approve you for enough you can move limits from your other chase cards to make the slate large enough and then once you finish with the bt you can move limits back to other cards and close out slate... that's what my partner did.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'm definitely going to request the CLI on the Citi when it comes in since I pulled the trigger on Discover. Didn't know limits could be swapped with chase that's quite a nice feature! That would have been ideal but for now the Discover and Citi combination will do. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.