Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on app spree

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Re: Need advice on app spree

@bada_bing wrote:

I don't know anything about the ins-&-outs of cash advance and BT.

On the investment side, with $25K in a brokerage account, you should be able to

set the account up to trade on margin. It just takes filling out a couple forms. Then you can

leverage $25k into a $50k position. 

you are correct about that. my account is already set up to trade on margin. the specific etf im investing in though is unmarginable because its leveraged. thats not a problem though

Message 21 of 140
johnpalley
Established Contributor

damn i just called barclay and they told me you can only take 50%-75% of the cl in cash advances. they couldnt give me the info on if theres a limit per billing cycle etc. doesnt seem like there customer service is that good. im gonna have to start a new ring thread and ask people questions.  now that i know this im actually more exited about trying to get a usaa card. i know for a fact with them they let you use 100% of there cl for cash advances. im less confident in getting excepted for there card though, i heard it could be kind of hard to get. its always somethin lol. we'll see what happens

Message 22 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, did you get the enstar electricity bill deleted from your credit report?  Because if not, the open collections will monkey wrench your plans no matter what.

For the USAA card, do you have eligibility to join USAA somehow?

Message 23 of 140
johnpalley
Established Contributor

the enstar bill is currently being disputed and im confident it will be totally deleted very soon. thats actually the reason i havent done the spree yet. i said i have nothing bad on my report because when i apply i will have nothing negative left. just didnt want to complicate the thread with that cause people like to change the subject and start talkin about alot of other things that arent related to my original question.

i recently called usaa and they told me even though im not a member id be able to apply for the USAA Military Affiliate card. 

dont credit card companies send you blank checks  that you can write to anyone? can i just ask for a check and write one to my self to get money out? how does that work?

Message 24 of 140
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

the enstar bill is currently being disputed and im confident it will be totally deleted very soon. thats actually the reason i havent done the spree yet. i said i have nothing bad on my report because when i apply i will have nothing negative left. just didnt want to complicate the thread with that cause people like to change the subject and start talkin about alot of other things that arent related to my original question.

i recently called usaa and they told me even though im not a member id be able to apply for the USAA Military Affiliate card. 

dont credit card companies send you blank checks  that you can write to anyone? can i just ask for a check and write one to my self to get money out? how does that work?

I haven't seen any.  Usually, those are special offers.  How long have you had credit cards?  They usually specify BT to pay account off.  You will have to google to get the information you seek.  The only time I saw BT checks offered was on a cap one app.  They haven't sent me any offer either.

Signature needs updating
Message 25 of 140
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Appreciate the info. Yeah after I get my cards I'm gonna call each company to see if there's any options like blank checks. I tried google and couldn't find anything so I'm not really sure how to get this info

Message 26 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be remisss in not saying this but borrowing money to invest is never a good idea. There is no such thing as a lock in the market and no such thing as a "safe" investment in EFTs or mutual funds. No matter how safe you think it is it can tank very quickly for any number of reasons then you're on the hook for the whole CC debt.

Message 27 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing wrong with a little word of caution.

I'm sure you've weighed your risks before taking on such a task, OP. There is no need to get snippy. Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arent u better off getting a personal loan for $25k and then getting a few credit cards 0 apr and transfer the personal loan balance then? The personal loan money u can get in 2 days and u have 30 days to oay it off with ur 0 apr credit cards.... I would do this if i was hungry for an investment and out of cash.
Message 29 of 140
johnpalley
Established Contributor

I'm unable to do that muscle. I don't wanna get into reasons why because I wanna stay on the subject. Sorry guys I'm not tryin to seem snippy but every time I start a thread it goes off in a different direction and the thread turns into a big argument. I'm just hear to get some very specific info 

Message 30 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.