Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on app spree

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Need advice on app spree

i got a question for you guys. im about to go on an app spree and get 5-6 new cards in one day. then because of the 0% apr on the cards im gonna do several cash advances on my barclay ring card and then keep transfering money over to my new cards. im gonna end up taking out 25k to invest in the stock market and spread it out throughout all the cards or most. im investing in a very safe etf untill the 0% is up and then il tranfer the money back to pay off the cards. my question is what is the easiest way to go about doing this? am i gonna have to keep doing 5k withdrawals and transfers from the ring over and over and then it'l take a few weeks to get done or is there an easier way? im guessing the new ring card i get will start me off at like a 10k limit and il have similar limits with the other cards also. 

what is the easiest way to get 25k at 0% from all these new cards. i need to do it quick cause theres an investment that i need to get in on before it starts gaining value. just a heads up i dont want to hear peoples opinion on weather this is a good idea or not. i just strictly want to talk about the easiest way to get something like this done. i plan on wiring the funds from my bank account to the brokerage. 

Message 1 of 140
139 REPLIES 139
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Need advice on app spree

I started a new thread for you for better exposure. 

Message 2 of 140
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i was wondering why i saw my post gone lol. i appreciate it lexie

Message 3 of 140
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess the first question is: does your score, income and current credit availability support adding $25K in credit in an app spree?

Message 4 of 140
johnpalley
Established Contributor

yes. im guessing mid 700's. ive been waiting 8 years for this moment, this is a big deal for me. and i have 0 inquiries and like 2% usage with 100k income. its about to be on!

Message 5 of 140
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Probably don't even need 5 cards to have 25k limit.. Maybe 2 -3 will get you there lol

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 6 of 140
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i know but whats the quickest way i can get this money to the brokerage guys? is there any trick i dont know about? id like to get this done in no more than 7 days if possible after i get the cards. i got an account with interactive brokers

Message 7 of 140
NRB525
Super Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

i know but whats the quickest way i can get this money to the brokerage guys? is there any trick i dont know about? id like to get this done in no more than 7 days if possible after i get the cards. i got an account with interactive brokers

If you've been waiting 8 years for this app spree, and you have a lock on a sure thing in the stock market, why don't you have savings and trading gains to use already?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 140
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i just wanna stick to the subject guys. every time i start a thread it starts to go off in all sorts of other directions. dont want that happening in this thread im just tryin to get some info please

Message 9 of 140
NRB525
Super Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

i just wanna stick to the subject guys. every time i start a thread it starts to go off in all sorts of other directions. dont want that happening in this thread im just tryin to get some info please

Ok, so you are going to app for 6 cards with 0% APR. They will arrive in, most likely, between 7 calendar days and up to 20 calendar days.

Activate the cards. Start with the first cash advance on the Barclay card. How much is your limit on the Barclay card? The amount needs to arrive and settle from the Barclay card into your checking account, the transfer will take 3 days, and I doubt you can expedite such a transfer like you can with a true cash bank to bank transfer between your own accounts.

So you've got limit #1 on Barclays (I'm presuming you aren't going to go 90% on the Barclays card?) and you'll probably want to let that set for 3 to 5 days.

Then execute the first BT from one of your newly activated cards. That BT will probably take at least a week, and depending on the bank it could take 3 weeks, you most likely won't know going in, since all the BT offers tell you to continue to pay on your old account until the old account statement shows the BT was done.

After the couple of weeks to do that first transfer, when Barclays takes a breath, you need to think about how long until you take cash advance #2. In the Barclay Ts&Cs, are there any stipulations about how often you can take these cash advances? 1 per statement cycle maybe? Do you have to pay the fees on the first advance betore taking another? Does Barclay do an instant report to your credit file if you take a cash advance? Does the first card you transfer to do an instant report to your credit file, not waiting for the first statement to cut, since you instantly have a balance?

ok, past cycle 1, you do the 2nd cash advance. That takes 3 days to get to your checking account, and during that time you let it rest on the Barclay CC. You wind up the next card to do a BT off the Barclay card, and that takes anywhere from 1 to 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the bank. The barclay card is relieved again, and you (presuming there is no wait time) do round 3.

I hope I'm getting through that this is not a 7 day adventure.

Have you ever traded in the stock market before? Successfully? It's not an off topic question, because Mr. Market will gladly take all your $25k and give you $#!+ in return. And oh by the way, you'll still have $25k in outstanding credit card balances to pay down.

Good luck!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 140
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.