Did you mean: 

Nervous for my app spree.

tag
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Re: Nervous for my app spree. APPROVED!

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's called a DD-14.

Ah, yeah. They're sticklers for membership eligibility. I believe you can order that form directly from the government, maybe someone else can confirm.

Message 31 of 45
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, yeah. They're sticklers for membership eligibility. I believe you can order that form directly from the government, maybe someone else can confirm.

DD-214

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 32 of 45
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For membership. My grandfather (deceased) would be my sponsor. But I don't have any documentation to prove it. 

Do they still allow Red Cross Volunteers (i.e. Blood donors)?  If not there is always the Voices for America, etc back doors.  It does cost a little money to join the back door non-profits, though.

Message 33 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed stung me a little. I feel sad I'm in the low bucket. So researched all day trying to figure out how I will get into navy. A little harder than it sounded by everyone's experience. ..... Have to look into it more this weekend. Hire someone to get the dd214 for me I guess. in the meantime, I just apped citi double cash. $5900! Batter than penfed but stingy.

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 34 of 45
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I wasn't following the thread very closely.  I missed the NFCU part.  Yes, everything I have heard is NFCU is much more difficult to get in.  Even former Navy can't get in unless they are retired military or joined while in service.

Congrats on the DC approval.  That is the same SL they gave me!  I am surprised Penfed didn't give you a higher limit than Citi.  Citi doesn't give anyone high limits for the DC without a second HP round.  Citi is supposed to open SP CLI's after 6-12 months.

Message 35 of 45
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Re: Nervous for my app spree.

I totally agree! Apply for the platium cash rewards cc and Ploc....GL!!
Message 36 of 45
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Op apply for cc and Ploc the same tine. Your scores are good to go......You won' t know till you take a chace...Fingers cross for you.GL
Message 37 of 45
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Op as for the $2,000 SL You can send a secure messsge to do a second manual review and request a reconsideration for a higher credit limit for more buying power. GL

Message 38 of 45
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

APPROVED! But a little underwhelming. A starting limit of 2k at 9.9apr ??? lmao, this isn't even a usable limit. Is there anywhay I can recon.

AWESOME, Congratulations!!!

myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 39 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice ginger. I just sent a secure message, we will see how this pans out. Fingers crossed. I'm going to try the ploc after I hear back.

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.