Did you mean: 

New Amex card holder!!

tag
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Re: New Amex card holder!!

@chnceit wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Unfortunately, I just called the status line and asked about my initial credit limit and APR -- they didn't know my APR yet, but my "recommended Initial credit line" is only 2k. I was hoping that it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of my USAA card. I suppose it will be at 6k in 61 days, which is kind of cool, but I wonder if there is a way that I can get it raised a little upon activation.

A 3X CLI after 61 days and your limit will be nice, but never heard of at activation, but like other members stating let us know how it goes when you try.

AMEX gave me a 2% rate reduction after 6-8 months when I ask.

There is no way to raise it upon activation. First CLI will be after 61 days (see sticky here). But if you find one, tell us please.Smiley Very Happy

And I think somebody posted, that a PC is only possible after 90 days or so. But I do not remember who that was.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 11 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@shakalaka wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Unfortunately, I just called the status line and asked about my initial credit limit and APR -- they didn't know my APR yet, but my "recommended Initial credit line" is only 2k. I was hoping that it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of my USAA card. I suppose it will be at 6k in 61 days, which is kind of cool, but I wonder if there is a way that I can get it raised a little upon activation.

A 3X CLI after 61 days and your limit will be nice, but never heard of at activation, but like other members stating let us know how it goes when you try.

There is no way to raise it upon activation. First CLI will be after 61 days (see sticky here). But if you find one, tell us please.Smiley Very Happy

And I think somebody posted, that a PC is only possible after 90 days or so. But I do not remember who that was.

While I was on the phone with the CSR I asked about the PC possibility. He said that since the Delta and Blue cards are completely different programs, one cannot PC between them. My new plan is to apply for the BCE, and if I am approved I will cancel the Delta card and ask if I can transfer the available credit to the BCE. Does this seem feasible?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 12 of 25
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@shakalaka wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

While I was on the phone with the CSR I asked about the PC possibility. He said that since the Delta and Blue cards are completely different programs, one cannot PC between them. My new plan is to apply for the BCE, and if I am approved I will cancel the Delta card and ask if I can transfer the available credit to the BCE. Does this seem feasible?

Per AMEX CSR you cannot combine newly aquired CL's you will need to wait at least 13 months.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 13 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

OK, lol. I will simmer down now. The point of apping the Delta card was to get my foot in the door. I have done that now. I really want the BCE, but I guess that will come with time.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 14 of 25
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Thanks! I might add, as a counter example to common belief, Amex approved me in spite of a first premiere card account -- which I can hardly find a reason to keep open, along with my other secured card; applied bank.

My Wallet:
Message 16 of 25
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Congratulations on a nice new Amex.  Thats a decent card to be sure. Smiley Happy

and personally I never gave in to First Premiere...but from what I hear, as soon as you can punt them out of the world, do so.  Smiley Very Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 17 of 25
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

Congratulations on a nice new Amex.  Thats a decent card to be sure. Smiley Happy

and personally I never gave in to First Premiere...but from what I hear, as soon as you can punt them out of the world, do so.  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks bro. To be fair and charitable, First Premiere has done nothing bad to me. Actually, they have done very well by me. I only put down 200 bucks, and they gave me an initial credit limit of $300. There has been no annual fee, since this is the first year that it has been open, and they haven't gouged me with any mentionable fees. Now on month nine of having the card, I am ready to close it -- it having served its purpose perfectly. When my credit was in the 500's I opened it at the same time as my applied 250 dollar secured card; a few months later I opened a wal mart card and an unsecured USAA platinum MC. Now I have an Amex too, so the card did its job very well and can die happy.

My Wallet:
Message 18 of 25
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 19 of 25
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

OK, lol. I will simmer down now. The point of apping the Delta card was to get my foot in the door. I have done that now. I really want the BCE, but I guess that will come with time.

LOL I know its hard not to think of the possibilities once your approved for a card. I do this all the time too with all the lenders I get approved with  Smiley Very Happy

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.