Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Card, or wait..?

tag
bdr1010
Established Member

New Card, or wait..?

Here's my dilemma. My oldest card, which was a capital one platinum, started out at $300 limit years and years ago. It is now a Capital One Quicksilver One card with a $3300 limit.

I have 2 other cards, Discover It - 10,400 Limit  And AMEX BCP - 7,400 Limit

I have tried and tried to get my Capital one Quicksilver one credit limit up to match my others, but they just don't seem to want to go any higher than it is now.

I have been working on my credit and current have a 702 EQ.

So my question is...should I just wait and see if it will ever change, or should I go for the Quicksilver card, or another card with better benefits?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Card, or wait..?

What are your other scores?  With CAP 1, your best bet is to apply for another card.  If it is a higher limit you are seeking with them, then Venture card is the way to go.  If I were in your shoes, I'd just get a new card and leave the oldest one alone as it helps with your AAoA.

Message 2 of 6
bdr1010
Established Member

I am not sure, probably somewhere between 689-705. I looked at the Venture card, but it really doens't do anything for me. I don't travel or have a need for airfare. The two I were really debating between were the Quicksilver,or the Chase Freedom.  I use Credit cards like Debit cards just to rack up savings or earn cashback.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply for a new card. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

go for a new card, check chase pre approvals! 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bdr1010 wrote:

I am not sure, probably somewhere between 689-705. I looked at the Venture card, but it really doens't do anything for me. I don't travel or have a need for airfare. The two I were really debating between were the Quicksilver,or the Chase Freedom.  I use Credit cards like Debit cards just to rack up savings or earn cashback.

You can check your score here on MYFICO that is if you want to know.  Those are very good cards thus the QuickSilver and Freedom.  Scores are good enough for you to get them but remember scores are not everything when it comes to a lender approving you.

But those 2 cards are good cars base on your needs.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.