Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Total Rewards Visa from Comenity Bank

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: New Total Rewards Visa from Community Bank

@sandman2435 wrote:

Got Denied as well..Had a 986 out of 999...Its a waste of time to apply with them..tried to recon with no such luck..They said too many Enq..Pulled Equifax..Also told me that even though I show no debt..That my total available credit counts as debt.

im_shocked1.jpg

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 71 of 187
mikey4833
Valued Member

These cards are too hard to get thesre banks seriously need to lighten up on credit criteria and quit being so nasty with post bankruptcy people I mean come on you cannot refile it again only 8 years a bk lawyer told me so when it comes off your credit they really are more at risk for you to be able to do it again in the future.  So I know I'm declined since people stated too many inq and bk... I am trying Citi Simplicity its my last hope before I quit applying. I really would of likedto of got this cool new card with all these benefits... Smiley Sad Oh well

Starting Score: TU:599 EXP: 596 EQ: 595 Starting Year 2009
Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013
Goal Score: 760+ across the board by next year July 2014 5 yrs after BK

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 72 of 187
Haroon
New Contributor

I have heard of too much available credit causing a decline, but 986/999 and still declined is insane. I wonder who they are accepting lol.
Message 73 of 187
mikey4833
Valued Member

@Haroon wrote:
I have heard of too much available credit causing a decline, but 986/999 and still declined is insane. I wonder who they are accepting lol.

People with 999 lol. This bank uses this weird credit score I had a HSN I scored 989 on their FRAUD score since I had too many recently opened accounts they declined me then 2 months later they approve me and I tried to find out what this score is and they won't say I guess its lets make our own score up everywhere we look at fico they say like all banks do but all have their own internal scores and risk models and base it on their customer portfolio experiences. I have a Gas card from this bank now they started me with $300 lousy limit it took 9 months of payments to get it raised to a whopping $500... Wow I'm going to close it soon no need I'll stick with Citi and Walmart GE Capital.

Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013

Message 74 of 187
bluediamond63
Valued Member

I applied on the 1st, and got the 7-10 date notice. I got my denial letter in the mail yesterday. They pulled experian. Says my Risk score is 800 and the factors determining the score were- lack of new credit activity, presence of high fraud risk fcra verification indicators, profile consists of high percent of bankcard trades, and no trades/too new to rate or presence of delinquency/derogatory on recently opened trades. What does that all even mean??

I have nearly perfect credit. My fico score is 788 and I checked transunion and experian and I have no negative factors for my account, I never had a late payment, I have 8 accounts, 5 are opended, 3 closed (2 are old credit cards and one is a paid off auto loan), all are in good standing. Of my 5 opened accounts- 4 are credit cards (citi dividend mastercard $11,600 limit, bank of americard mastercard $6500 limit, capital one spark business card $300 limit and kohl's dept store card $1500 limit) and one is a auto loan. I only have about $900 in total balances on all my credit cards and about $8500 remaining to pay on my auto loan (never missed or been late for a payment)  I don't understand why I would get denied for this card? I was really wanting it as I go to total rewards properties around twice a month and this card would have really benefitted me.

Message 75 of 187
mikey4833
Valued Member

@bluediamond63 wrote:

I applied on the 1st, and got the 7-10 date notice. I got my denial letter in the mail yesterday. They pulled experian. Says my Risk score is 800 and the factors determining the score were- lack of new credit activity, presence of high fraud risk fcra verification indicators, profile consists of high percent of bankcard trades, and no trades/too new to rate or presence of delinquency/derogatory on recently opened trades. What does that all even mean??

I have nearly perfect credit. My fico score is 788 and I checked transunion and experian and I have no negative factors for my account, I never had a late payment, I have 8 accounts, 5 are opended, 3 closed (2 are old credit cards and one is a paid off auto loan), all are in good standing. Of my 5 opened accounts- 4 are credit cards (citi dividend mastercard $11,600 limit, bank of americard mastercard $6500 limit, capital one spark business card $300 limit and kohl's dept store card $1500 limit) and one is a auto loan. I only have about $900 in total balances on all my credit cards and about $8500 remaining to pay on my auto loan (never missed or been late for a payment)  I don't understand why I would get denied for this card? I was really wanting it as I go to total rewards properties around twice a month and this card would have really benefitted me.

That sounds just like the letter I got and the weird thing is there was no inquiry on my credit report from them..... A bunch of nonsense they put you on that fraud score I got for an HSN Card. I don't really know what their deal is but you should of got this card because they have the 2nd back up regular visa for people who are not so good credit on what ever wacky credit criteria they use.... If they decline me I'm closing my Giant Eagle gas card I have with them they were know before as World Financial Capital Bank and World Financial Network Bank. They mostly issue store branded cards like GE Capital I never seen them offer a regular card like this one before. I would have a heart attack if they actually approved me for anything.... If they do something is definately wrong here I have 31 inquiries (my wife applied me for cards I didn't know about). And a 4 year old Bankruptcy and 2 recently paid off charge offs. My ficos are decent but you should of got this card. I want this card like you for the rewards I'm planning on going to Atlantic City for my wife's Bday. This card would really be nice....Smiley Happy

Message 76 of 187
bluediamond63
Valued Member

They did an inquiry on me but not a hard pull. Which I guess is good now since I didn't get approved. I'm trying to keep the hard pulls down, I only have two right now on my report.

Message 77 of 187
Haroon
New Contributor

Did any ones credit get hard pulled?
Message 78 of 187
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I just got a mailed pre-approval in the mail for this card yesterday. Reading these comments, I guess to the shredder it goes.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 79 of 187
mikey4833
Valued Member

@bluediamond63 wrote:

They did an inquiry on me but not a hard pull. Which I guess is good now since I didn't get approved. I'm trying to keep the hard pulls down, I only have two right now on my report.

What credit bureau do they pull?

Message 80 of 187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.