Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan to get in with BOA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New plan to get in with BOA

@zerbherb wrote:

is 40 $ enough a month to charge on it or should i add on spotify to make it a even 50$?

On that note i love spotify. and its only 5 bucks since im a student 

Message 11 of 18
jzamarripa3220
New Contributor

Like previously stated, why don't you just apply for an unsecured version of their cc products? Is  there something on your report that makes you believe that you'll end up getting denied? BofA is good with recons in my opinion, so if all else fails just recon for a secured card using the same HP.
Message 12 of 18
zerbherb
Established Contributor

Well if they consider a young credit card bad then yes. I had it for two months and am in great standing.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just in your position and wanted to get in with BOA. I applied the other day for the Cash Rewards and as soon as the hit submit another screen came up saying I wasn't approved for the unsecured version but I was approved for the partially secured $99/$500.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to take it because of me having a few unsecured and was starting to get approved for larger limits but I really wanted to get in with BOA so I accepted it. One HP for both cards (even though I was denied the fully unsecured) she said you can ask to have it unsecured at 5 months. It's not something that you can apply for but if you apply for the unsecured they can offer the partially secured. Good Luck with whatever you decide.
Message 14 of 18
zerbherb
Established Contributor

which cash rewards card. I may do that.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for just the regular 1-2-3 rewards card. The one that has the $100 bonus. Everytime I would check the pre-qual it would say it couldnt find any offers but it recommended these cards and that was the first one (depending on what I clicked on for what I wanted in a card)

So I just applied for the 1-2-3 cash rewards (like I said with the $100 bonus) after the wheel spun for a minute another screen came up saying something along the lines that they couldn't approve me for the unsecured version but offered me the exact same card partially secured. It even said on that screen that it will have the 1-2-3 rewards. I clicked on accept and it took me to a different screen to pick where I wanted them to take the $99 out and once I finished that, another screen came up saying that the application is now pending. I called them right away and they told me that it was approved ( I guess it always says that it's pending even though its approved) the next day BOA took my $99 out (and it wasn't even a BOA account but they still were quick with it)

If you get offered this card like I said its only partially secured, there is a annual fee ($39 I think), And you don't get that $100 spend bonus like you would with the regular card but you get the rewards. But it's only secured by $99 and you get $500
Message 16 of 18
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for just the regular 1-2-3 rewards card. The one that has the $100 bonus. Everytime I would check the pre-qual it would say it couldnt find any offers but it recommended these cards and that was the first one (depending on what I clicked on for what I wanted in a card)

So I just applied for the 1-2-3 cash rewards (like I said with the $100 bonus) after the wheel spun for a minute another screen came up saying something along the lines that they couldn't approve me for the unsecured version but offered me the exact same card partially secured. It even said on that screen that it will have the 1-2-3 rewards. I clicked on accept and it took me to a different screen to pick where I wanted them to take the $99 out and once I finished that, another screen came up saying that the application is now pending. I called them right away and they told me that it was approved ( I guess it always says that it's pending even though its approved) the next day BOA took my $99 out (and it wasn't even a BOA account but they still were quick with it)

If you get offered this card like I said its only partially secured, there is a annual fee ($39 I think), And you don't get that $100 spend bonus like you would with the regular card but you get the rewards. But it's only secured by $99 and you get $500

Nicely said, CreditQueen-!!!!!

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 17 of 18
zerbherb
Established Contributor

I think i will do this, i have birthday money to throw around. I could afford getting back 99$ in a year.

;
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.