Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Amex and Already Dont Like Them

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: New to Amex and Already Dont Like Them

I like amex. They lower apr, up limits, and have offers. Business cards get US reps. They reallocate limits. But, I also like citi, chase and barclays (want lower apr thought). Only time talk to Chase is when get a card. Haven't needed to call citi yet (after the opening cli). Call credit union only when want changes to card.

I find the best service is when you do not have to call. The online stuff takes care of itself. Had to call discover to get a review closed, that is all. Do I get bad info? Yes, from all of them occasionally. Just means that rep is not trained on that particular aspect.
Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 13
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do the cardmembers who have spending requirements ever meet them to obtain their bonus rewards if Amex locks you out of making multiple payments in the first month? $5k in 3 months is actually 2 months if they impose such a wait. If you have a lower credit limit, that seems nearly impossible to achieve if you wish to stay under 30% utl. Maybe this is their intention?

Rather sneaky.... but not at all surprising.

Should be able to pay in from a bank billpay account--I've done that with Citi, who allow me four online payments a month even after nearly 10 years. If you (or your bank) send them a check, they're going to accept it. And most  bank billpay services will only take 1-3 days to get a payment through. So you could do ten payments in a row in most billing periods with no overlap Smiley Happy 

Many CC issuers will also kinda be forced to allow overpayment if you pay from external. They might not be happy with it, but if it's just for a couple of days it's probably okay. I think I have three accounts overpaid at the moment, including Amex BSP, by small amounts. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info about the billpay. I will use that to my benefit.

It seems my app has went into recon and is now "in progress". I received an email alert on my credit monitoring and saw that they did another HP. I hope they like what they see, considering all of this trouble. If approved, will they use the same pull for the Delta if I apply for that as well? Or should I even bother?

Its also worth mentioning that when I spoke with the CSR the first time, she mentioned something that may be interesting to some. She said that when they do credit pulls, they go off of whatever 2 bureaus first answer their requests for the credit file. So apparently, from what I gathered, if EX and TU respond 1st, those are the files they will use in their decisions. My reports are fairly consistent across the board, but maybe to some the info may be advantageous.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.