Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next card to get?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next card to get?

Just to have an idea of what I should get. I’ve been eyeing the Cash+ from US Bank but I’ve heard they don’t give you the new member cashback.

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Next card to get?

@Anonymous wrote:
Just to have an idea of what I should get. I’ve been eyeing the Cash+ from US Bank but I’ve heard they don’t give you the new member cashback.

Any suggestions?

I had no issues getting my sign-up bonus from U.S. Bank. 

To help the community give you meaningful answers, what are you looking for?  Points, miles, cash rewards, perks, etc?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash rewards. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Maybe join Penfed and get their Powercash card?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Cash+ is pretty sweet especially since they added utilities as a category. Since you have the Quicksilver, I'd consider PCing the Double Cash to a Dividend at some point, if the Dividend is appealing for you - reason being cuz there really aren't all that many 5% cards, and since you already have the Freedom, Discover It, and are looking at the Cash+, that pretty much leaves the Dividend, Amazon Prime Visa, Target Red card (which you can get as a debit version), a gas card (Ducks Unlimited or Ft Knox FCU Visa), the Chase Ink Cash, Nusenda CU Platinum Cash Rewards or Vantage West CU Connect Rewards. The Nusenda and Vantage West cards require you to be a member of those CUs which is a bit cumbersome if you don't live in their areas, but doable, and the Ink Cash requires you to own a business - again, a bit cumbersome, but doable for most people. The Amazon visa requires you to be a Prime member to get 5%, so if you already are a Prime member and shop there a lot that could be worthwhile.

TLDR:

5% cash back cards to consider (besides the Cash+):

PC your Double Cash to a Dividend

Chase Amazon Prime Visa (3% if you're not a Prime member)

Target Red card (available as a debit card)

Ducks Unlimited or Ft Knox Visa

Chase Ink Cash (requires a business)

Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards (requires membership)

Vantage West Connect Rewards (requires membership)

if you PC your Double Cash and are remiss about getting 1.5% instead of 2%, consider the PayPal Cash Back MasterCard. With the PayPal Business Debit card (which you can get with a standard PayPal account), you can set up the Cash Back MC as the backup funding source - the Business Debit gets 1% CB on credit transactions, then you get the 2% from the CC and end up with 3% back on all credit transactions. You'd also get 2% back on transactions ran as debit as you still get the 2% cash back from the CC but not the 1% from the debit card in that case.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I already have my CapitalOne Quicksilver that rivals that, it would be a moot card for me. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Cash+ is pretty sweet especially since they added utilities as a category. Since you have the Quicksilver, I'd consider PCing the Double Cash to a Dividend at some point, if the Dividend is appealing for you - reason being cuz there really aren't all that many 5% cards, and since you already have the Freedom, Discover It, and are looking at the Cash+, that pretty much leaves the Dividend, Amazon Prime Visa, Target Red card (which you can get as a debit version), a gas card (Ducks Unlimited or Ft Knox FCU Visa), the Chase Ink Cash, Nusenda CU Platinum Cash Rewards or Vantage West CU Connect Rewards. The Nusenda and Vantage West cards require you to be a member of those CUs which is a bit cumbersome if you don't live in their areas, but doable, and the Ink Cash requires you to own a business - again, a bit cumbersome, but doable for most people. The Amazon visa requires you to be a Prime member to get 5%, so if you already are a Prime member and shop there a lot that could be worthwhile.

TLDR:

5% cash back cards to consider (besides the Cash+):

PC your Double Cash to a Dividend

Chase Amazon Prime Visa (3% if you're not a Prime member)

Target Red card (available as a debit card)

Ducks Unlimited or Ft Knox Visa

Chase Ink Cash (requires a business)

Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards (requires membership)

Vantage West Connect Rewards (requires membership)

if you PC your Double Cash and are remiss about getting 1.5% instead of 2%, consider the PayPal Cash Back MasterCard. With the PayPal Business Debit card (which you can get with a standard PayPal account), you can set up the Cash Back MC as the backup funding source - the Business Debit gets 1% CB on credit transactions, then you get the 2% from the CC and end up with 3% back on all credit transactions. You'd also get 2% back on transactions ran as debit as you still get the 2% cash back from the CC but not the 1% from the debit card in that case.

I already have the Debit version of the RedCard, and I hardly use my debit card since I try to earn my cashback. I also have the PayPal Business Debit and I don't use it because unless you earn $1 I believe in cash back per month, you won't get it back. I only got that for some of my projects I do online with web administration. I didn't see the Dividend listed on the Citi website, is that like an internal card that can only be PC'ed? I think I might keep my DC for now as it is since the DC does have a cashback limit while the Dividend is limited to $300 per year, and when the time is right, go for the Cash+. I've applied for two card within the past few months(Freedom and Quicksilver), and I have the itch to get the Cash+ but I don't need another credit card lol. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.