Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu Membership Approved

tag
jbb27885
New Contributor

Nfcu Membership Approved

How long should I wait until I apply for the secured CC. Now? Wait a few months?
12 REPLIES 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Nfcu Membership Approved

What are your scores ? Bc they are wonderful for helping rebuilders , you may be able to get an unsecured and skip that secured step .
Message 2 of 13
jbb27885
New Contributor

All of my scores are hovering around 600. I joined based on them being good for rebuilders and I was hoping to build some history with them so I could apply for a mortgage in 12-18 months.

Message 3 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I would most definitely apply for a unsecured card first , my fiancé was only barely 600 when approved for CashRewards card 1600 SL . The only thing that would spook them is recent BK discharge , but even then most are still able to get an unsecured card with 500 SL.
Message 4 of 13
jbb27885
New Contributor

Oh awesome. Thank you for the advice!

Message 5 of 13
jbb27885
New Contributor

Should I try the cash rewards card or a different one?

Message 6 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Lots of ppl have good luck with that one , it all depends on what fits your needs though . The Cash back is pretty good . Just don't try for the Flagship it is a prime card so would require a higher score I believe. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Message 7 of 13
jbb27885
New Contributor

Denied...How are they with recons?

Message 8 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Very very good with recons , send them a secured message from your online acct telling them the reasons you want a card with them. And explain that you are in the process of rebuilding/ building credit .
Message 9 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I actually got my CC by recon , my score when i was denied was 642, but i had a major default on my student loan that was being rehabbed but still showed as negatives when I apped , anyway I was able to get it approved when i sent them a.recon message.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.