Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice CLI from Target

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice CLI from Target

About 5 months ago, I got a Target store card with a $500 CL. I tried to do a recon back then for a higher CL but got denied.

Just logged on today and saw my CL is now $700. I use the card maybe once a month for a starbucks.

Happy Holidays to me. This one comes after AMEX bumped my CL from $12K to $20K !!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Re: Nice CLI from Target

Just curious if you dont mind , did you ask for the increase with amex?

I started out with 15000 and its been like 4 months and didnt know if I should ask for 20-25k

Also , was it automated or telephone

thanks

Message 2 of 13
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the increases, especially from Amex.

I'm surprised Target is giving out cli now, since i read that they never did before.

I guess Target is changing their rules.

Big congrats though. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 3 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

Just curious if you dont mind , did you ask for the increase with amex?

I started out with 15000 and its been like 4 months and didnt know if I should ask for 20-25k

Also , was it automated or telephone

thanks

I did over a month ago but but flat out denied. I asked for $25K back then (12 months mark). Then about a week back, I logged on and saw my new limit was $20K. This one was an auto CLI. I didn't get any alert for a HP but didn't see any SP either.

The target one was auto

Message 4 of 13
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Super-nice bump from Amex!

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 5 of 13
moonman
Frequent Contributor

I've been with Target a little over five years and noticed that every year they do a soft in October and credit limits are given are not. Today I logged in and noticed that they lowered my credit from 1K to 200. I called to close it but was told it was for non usage(last usage 10/2011), so things are changing over there because there were times I did not use the card well over a year with no adverse action.

Message 6 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

@moonman wrote:

I've been with Target a little over five years and noticed that every year they do a soft in October and credit limits are given are not. Today I logged in and noticed that they lowered my credit from 1K to 200. I called to close it but was told it was for non usage(last usage 10/2011), so things are changing over there because there were times I did not use the card well over a year with no adverse action.

The most I have charged on it is about $50 but generally I charge about $10 a month on it.

Message 7 of 13
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

"I use the card maybe once a month for a starbucks."

Now you can use it for a starbucks and a cookie, too.

;o)

Super Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

"I use the card maybe once a month for a starbucks."

Now you can use it for a starbucks and a cookie, too.

;o)

LOL, yes I can order a cookie without maxing it out Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase, very surprising! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.