Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 7-10 day letter received??

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

No 7-10 day letter received??

I've been trying to get my discount tire/sychrony card increased from $400 starting limit for over a year. The card will be coming on three years old in a few months.I just realized it's been 15 business days and I still haven't received my rejection letter in the mail. Should I call them?

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: No 7-10 day letter received??

Nevermind, I just called them. They can't resend the letter so she just told me the reasons over the phone. Lame. I'll be paying my last balance on this card and it's going into the sock drawer.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Discount Tire is just one of those few synchrony accounts that don't interest them and is why you never see much of a usable limit or increases very often.

I would focus on those that have potential to grow with synchrony.

Just keep at it and leave that one in the shadows. They do so much better with many other of their cards but not that one.

Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Especially if thats a Synchrony Financial card. Hp for everything. Took me forever and a couple hps to raise my Pep Boys card to a useable levelSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@CreditMagic7 I've just moved from a car to an SUV, and it's just so darn convenient to put the tires on the differed interest. And my piddly $400 limit isn't going to cut it now. It's irritating.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@AJC - Yup, Synchrony Financial.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That stinksSmiley Sad. It will get easier to pull more cli when your score rises. I tembember always calling up from my card to get cli thinking hey they are like other Sync cards and then wondering why the heck do i keep getting hps, lessons learned the Sync waySmiley Wink
Message 7 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@AJC

Yeah, I got HPed on a CLI request to my Pepboys card. That isnt what upset me.  I requested the CLI before I joined myFico

and only asked for a $1500 increase. DEFINATELY left money on the table LOL in fact, the HP falls off my EX next month

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.