Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Comenity LUV for me...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Comenity LUV for me...

Wondering if anyone out there has had a similar experience...

So, right around the 9 month mark, I hit the LUV button for Comenity VS and Express (since I found quite a few success posts here), and got the 7-10 business days message. After poking around more in my disappointment, I saw people were more successful in waiting until after the 10th statement cut... so I did... and still no LUV for me. 

I've got fair credit, with 4 older collections which have been there since before I got these cards. I did screw up this summer and was unemployed and fell behind on 1 (out of 20) student loan accounts because I didn't get the deferment paperwork filed properly, and subsequently went 60 days past due. I got caught up in October, and have since paid this account on time. All other accounts have been paid on time throughout. 

My CCs never went late during this period, and I use them every month and carry a balance of 10-20% on average. These are the newest accounts I have. The only other thing I can possibly think that is counting against me is that my other student loans are in deferment until next month.

It's super frustrating to me because I've been trying so hard to demonstrate fiscal responsibility, ESPECIALLY on my revolving accounts, and I'd like to see those CL's grow a little simply as a confirmation that I'm doing this right. Can anyone offer any advice? What am I doing wrong here or is there some magical formula that I'm missing?

One last add - the letter I received with the denial is referencing a CRA report that is over 60 days old. Is it possible I just need to wait a requisite period for them to pull a newer report?

Thanks all.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: No Comenity LUV for me...

comenity is an odd bird so each time I get an e-mail that my statement is ready I log in and hit the CLI or I call the automated system depending on the card.

Sometimes if I had a balance and I PIF I will hit the CLI Button AGAIN when I get the e-mail that my payment has posted.

Sometimes I get a CLI at statement but not after payment, or sometimes I don't get a CLI at statement but get a CLI after the payment and other times with some cards I have gotten a CLI after the statement and then another one after the payment! They are weird and I think I have them figured out for the most part but just in case they are having a bi-polar day I continue to hit the button AT LEAST 1 a month at random times!

Are you currently carrying a balance on these cards?

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

comenity is an odd bird so each time I get an e-mail that my statement is ready I log in and hit the CLI or I call the automated system depending on the card.

Sometimes if I had a balance and I PIF I will hit the CLI Button AGAIN when I get the e-mail that my payment has posted.

Sometimes I get a CLI at statement but not after payment, or sometimes I don't get a CLI at statement but get a CLI after the payment and other times with some cards I have gotten a CLI after the statement and then another one after the payment! They are weird and I think I have them figured out for the most part but just in case they are having a bi-polar day I continue to hit the button AT LEAST 1 a month at random times!

What about the Total Rewards Visa? They gave a 0% APR for one year and I used $5K. I have been paying $500 each month to take advantage of the 0% APR, but still no LUV. I am still stuck with $17.5K ( which still a great limit).... 5 months statement cut last week.

Message 3 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

What about the Total Rewards Visa? They gave a 0% APR for one year and I used $5K. I have been paying $500 each month to take advantage of the 0% APR, but still no LUV. I am still stuck with $17.5K ( which still a great limit).... 5 months statement cut last week.

The Visa's really do seem to be 6-7 statements before CLI's but I still hit my partner Virgin America every month and my Orbitz every month!

Message 4 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Finally started getting 200 a month on my JCREW card, was about to axe it, but they have been cutting 200 the last two months in a row for me once the statement cut.. in return I buy something cheap.  I want one of those monster 5k - 10k jcrew lines.  Card is 4 months old now.  hoping major love comes at the 9 month time as has been spoken about with this card.

Message 5 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Finally started getting 200 a month on my JCREW card, was about to axe it, but they have been cutting 200 the last two months in a row for me once the statement cut.. in return I buy something cheap.  I want one of those monster 5k - 10k jcrew lines.  Card is 4 months old now.  hoping major love comes at the 9 month time as has been spoken about with this card.

As soon as my CLI got me to $1k on Jcrew that is when I was able to get 17 in a row with the automated phone system!!!! until that point I was getting 1 $200 CLI like you each month.

Message 6 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

As soon as my CLI got me to $1k on Jcrew that is when I was able to get 17 in a row with the automated phone system!!!! until that point I was getting 1 $200 CLI like you each month.

welll at 650 now, so awhile to go lol.. hoping for the same luck and thanks for the info

Message 7 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I just had another oddball Comenity Jcrew experience. Last night i hit the luv button and after 2 weeks it finally clicked! Only $200 though this time bringing the current grand total now to $5600. Trying for that 8000 pounder Smiley Very Happy

Like CA i had to wait until getting to 1K before that CLI slot machine really took off multiple many times before stopping at 5K!

Message 8 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I just had another oddball Comenity Jcrew experience. Last night i hit the luv button and after 2 weeks it finally clicked! Only $200 though this time bringing the current grand total now to $5600. Trying for that 8000 pounder Smiley Very Happy

Like CA i had to wait until getting to 1K before that CLI slot machine really took off multiple many times before stopping at 5K!

Do you give them a token purchase each month?  Just bought a sweater on sale for $29 today lol...

Message 9 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Everytime I get a CLI I make a purchase or else the CLI sometimes doesn't update to Credit report and I for sure can't get more CLI without making a purchase since the last CLI.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.