Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Discover Luv wahhhhhh :(

tag
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

No Discover Luv wahhhhhh :(

I have had my Discover card for 6 months and still stuck at $500 limit Smiley Sad Does chatting with someone and requesting a CLI have a better approval rate than just hitting the luv button?

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Re: No Discover Luv wahhhhhh :(

Congrats!
AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to check out some of the threads on the Discover card cli's.  Pleny of us have been getting regular limit increases every 16/17 days.  You just need to know which it is.  Most aren't much, around 1k, but it adds up quickly!  Smiley Wink  Just click on the credit limit increase and see what it says.  If you get a no, wait 16/17 days and try it again. 

Message 3 of 11

I can tell you my credit line has done from $1900 to $13,900 because of $3k increases twice a month in the last few months. Not sure why you aren't seeing the same love. Because of itmy util has reduced increasing my FICO.

Message 4 of 11
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Why is this in approvals?

Message 5 of 11
newhis
Valued Contributor

@mattayy wrote:

I have had my Discover card for 6 months and still stuck at $500 limit Smiley Sad Does chatting with someone and requesting a CLI have a better approval rate than just hitting the luv button?

My DW got stuck at $500, no CLI by luv button or chat, they always ask for HP. After more than 15 months she got auto-CLI to $3,000 (a couple of weeks ago). 2 months ago she asked for APR reduction and they offered 0% for 12 months, not used because the low limit, now that it is at $3,000 and the double cash rewards promo, she will use the Discover more.

Keep using the card for 5% categories or whatever you want and keep trying, some day they will give you a CLI. Good luck

Message 6 of 11
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Got mine with $500 SL. at 7 or 8 months (running 1k through the card per month), they auto cli to $750 in July '14. Haven't been able to get a cli since! Sooner or later I guess I'll have to either close the card or take a HP. At least they still send me $5 Starbucks gift cards once every 3-4 months. Good luck

QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't feel bad. They aren't showing me any love either. I have had 1 CLI which required a HP since I opened the account. Hopefully, they will start showing me love. If not, I won't use the card. Stay positive and good luck!!!
Message 8 of 11
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@revjamesl wrote:
Congrats!

meme1_zps5629fd83.jpg~320x480

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same boat as you. My freedom has 4.5k CL but my discover is still at $500... I have to pay discover bill after $150-200 asap so that I don't reach the limit and keep repeating. They keep rejecting my CLIs which is a bummer. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.